Single Parents
Options

? about X's summons

X let me read the paperwork he was served the other day, but sadly I don't understand the Summons.

It says:

"You are hereby notified that an action has been commenced against you in this Court. You are required to file your Answer to the Petition, with the Court and to serve a copy upon (my attorney's name) within 21 days after service of summon's upon you.

If you fail to do so, judgement by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the Petition."

So what the heck does that mean? Since he is willing to pay what they order, does he just let it default? Or does he need to call them or what? I'm so confused and I hate not having any control over this! haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ? about X's summons

• Options

The court is saying, "Dude, you have a case waiting in court and it has your name on it.  Just thought you'd wanna know.  Oh and You need to tell the people in the case what you want within 21 days or we're gonna decided for you.  Not 30 not 22 but 21 days dude and you might not like what we decide for you. And then you can't question it b/c it will be law."

He should do what it says.  Write down what he is agreeing to and submit it to the court and your lawyer.  Honestly he should have his own lawyer and his lawyer should be telling him what to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesweetie0228:

The court is saying, "Dude, you have a case waiting in court and it has your name on it.  Just thought you'd wanna know.  Oh and You need to tell the people in the case what you want within 21 days or we're gonna decided for you.  Not 30 not 22 but 21 days dude and you might not like what we decide for you. And then you can't question it b/c it will be law."

He should do what it says.  Write down what he is agreeing to and submit it to the court and your lawyer.  Honestly he should have his own lawyer and his lawyer should be telling him what to do.

Well in another part of the paperwork it says he will need to pay child support and provide DS with health insurance which he is willing. We've had an agreement since we broke up and he'd been paying, but once he got his booty call pregnant I decided to make it legal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehaleyw458:

Well in another part of the paperwork it says he will need to pay child support and provide DS with health insurance which he is willing. We've had an agreement since we broke up and he'd been paying, but once he got his booty call pregnant I decided to make it legal.

Smart girl b/c now your child gets the bulk of the CS.  He has to formally let the courts know he is willing to pay the required amount of CS and provide the insurance.  If this is going as amicablely as you say it is, this is just a formality to making CS and insurance a requirement through the court.  He needs to sign the agreement and send it back to the court to be filed and a copy to your lawyer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesweetie0228:

imagehaleyw458:

Smart girl b/c now your child gets the bulk of the CS.  He has to formally let the courts know he is willing to pay the required amount of CS and provide the insurance.  If this is going as amicablely as you say it is, this is just a formality to making CS and insurance a requirement through the court.  He needs to sign the agreement and send it back to the court to be filed and a copy to your lawyer.

Alright thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"