Two Under 2

Positive test!

I just took a pregnancy test and it came out positive!  My daughter is only 9 months old and we werent planning on having number 2 until she was around 3.  Im in shock because I have an IUD in and have yet to have my period! I had a little bit of a rough time with the news at first because I feel like I'm taking something away from my daughter.  I would just look at her and start crying (probably more hormones than anything). But after reading some of your other posts on here, I know it is a blessing and I am excited that she will have the close-in-age sibling that I never had.  So I guess I will be on here a lot in the next year or so!  :)

Re: Positive test!

• Congrats! Those feelings are normal and very common. You will be surprised at the love you can feel for another! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!  A friend of mine (who has an IUD) is pg with #3 (due when #2 turns 1).  

• Loading the player...
  • congrats! did they take the IUD out yet? I have one and I am scared of getting PG with it in!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!  You will love having two kids close together.  I promise.  It's tough at first, but gets so much better with time.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just found out today that I am pregnant with #2 and my first is only 5 months.  I feel the same way you did! I have not stopped crying all day.  I know I should be happy, but I feel like I just did this and I don't want to take anything away from my son either.  So I know just how you feel!  I am a little scared.   
  • I went in to the dr the day after I took the test.  The did an ultrasound to see 1) how far along I was 2) Where the IUD was placed and 3) if they would be able to remove it.  Once I was in there, they said there was a chance it was a tubal pregnancy (which apparently is more likely if you have an IUD) and then there was also a 50% chance that I would miscarry when they removed the IUD if it was placed too high.  In this case they would just leave it in (i had the paraguard that releases no hormones).  They said there were even times where the baby would come out holding the IUD!  Luckily, everything looked great with this pregnancy and they were able to remove the IUD with no problems.  I am 9 weeks 1 day today and my EDD is 9/1/11.  I am having a repeat c-section so they said that will probably happen in my 39th week.  We are thinking Tues August 23.  I am much more excited and ready than I was 2 nights ago (when I took the test).  I cant wait now and I know my children will be so happy to be so close in age!  Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"