Secondary IF
Options

Introduction - turned ?

Hello all - 

I don't know if I am on the right board or not. Maybe I should just be on TTCAL not exactly sure.  I have briefly lurked at both today before posting. 

Let me start by saying I have a beautiful 18 month old DS who is my world! DH & I have been TTC since we got the go ahead from the Dr. right after first DS born. It took us just under a year to get pg with first DS. I m/c'd in May 2010 @ 5 weeks.  I haven't called the Dr to start testing yet because I'm worried that he will tell us since we got PG once since DS we need to wait another full year from m/c date.  I guess my intro has turned more into a question.  If you were me what would you do? Call the Dr and see what he says or just wait?  DH thinks I should wait.  My heart breaks every month that AF shows up!

TIA!! 

Re: Introduction - turned ?

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

Call, definitely call.  What the worst he can say, to wait (which you are doing to yourself anyway)?  What's the best he can say, to come in (which is what you want on some level, right)?

I don't know how old you are, but my RE wanted me in there for a regroup appointment as soon as he found out that we'd tried 3 months with no success. But I'm 41 and DH is 42, so it could be different if you are a lot younger.

Do you have an RE, or at least an OB who deals with IF, or at this point do you have to go through a PCP?  Definitely get the ball rolling sooner or later, hopefully you can at least find out what you are dealing with, or at least eliminate things you aren't dealing with.

Welcome, but I'm sorry you have to be here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    completely agree with Choirgirl!!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I say call b/c no, they typically don't say wait another year after a m/c. At least I don't think they do, and I found that a m/c didn't change things for insurance purposes. (my insurance says 2 years before you get coverage for IF under 35, but I think if you are diagnosed with something it doesn't apply).  Do you use OPK's or temp? Stuff like that would help your doctor is resistant to the idea of looking into things further and if you are young.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Options

Thank you all very much!  I appreciate your help 

I just called and my OB/GYN is out until Monday and they said she will want to talk with me prior to scheduling an appt. I am 31 and DH is 34 and we had been using OPK's but switched to a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor in November.  If I were to call an RE and did end up getting a BFP through treatment of some kind or under the care of an RE would they see me through the pregnancy or would I switch back to my OB? Just asking because all of the RE's I found covered under our insurance do not go through our preferred hospital.  

• Options

I'm not sure, it probably depends on how high risk you are?  You could always ask the RE if they have a specific policy or what is normal for them.

Also, oddly enough, under my old insurance, my OB/midwives were covered, but the only hospital at which they had privileges was not.  They said it was easy to get pre-authorized to deliver there for obvious reasons, but that if anything went wrong, I'd have to transfer hospitals because I could only get pre-auth for deliver and associated issues like C/S, etc.  So maybe they have a deal like that, too?

I know mine would keep me through the first trimester and then turn me back over to my OB.  But we generally just have trouble getting pg, not so much staying that way (2 chemicals notwithstanding).

But a friend of mine was got pg with twins through a local RE was under their care still when she had a 2nd tri m/c, and so she was under their care the whole time she was pg with her DS, who was born at 31 weeks.

• Options
    imageBabyboy=3:

Thank you all very much!  I appreciate your help 

I just called and my OB/GYN is out until Monday and they said she will want to talk with me prior to scheduling an appt. I am 31 and DH is 34 and we had been using OPK's but switched to a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor in November.  If I were to call an RE and did end up getting a BFP through treatment of some kind or under the care of an RE would they see me through the pregnancy or would I switch back to my OB? Just asking because all of the RE's I found covered under our insurance do not go through our preferred hospital.  

In my area RE's release you at 8w to your ob/midwife and perinatologists are if you are high risk.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Options
    I guess I'll see what my OB says and then depending on that conversation see about looking for a RE. Thanks again ladies and I'll let you know what comes of our conversation next week. 
  • Options
    imagePixiestx:

In my area RE's release you at 8w to your ob/midwife and perinatologists are if you are high risk.

Now you have me wondering about my friend with the twins and then early born son. Maybe she did end up switching over to a peri.  I just know she wasn't with her normal OB's office (because we went to the same one).

And yeah, probably right about the 8 week thing rather than whole first tri thing, too. I'm sorry, I had decaf this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"