North Carolina Babies
Options

Video Monitor?

I am really interested in getting a video monitor for when Jocelyn is in her big girl room, but I am hesitant because I can't seem to find any that don't block out white noise. My current monitor is voice activated so I only hear her if she is crying, or if there is an audible noise, we don't hear our sound machine, etc, and I guess I need one that pans the room as well. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Video Monitor?

• Options

Honestly, we never use the sound on ours.  When I did use sound I used our Sony that was voice activated and just had the video monitor to take a peek.

No recommendations from me though.

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hmm. I don't know if ours blocks out white noise, but I don't think so. We sleep with a fan for white noise ourselves, so I'm sure I wouldn't notice if it did. However, I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

We are on video monitor #2. We had the Summer day & night handheld one, and it has worked great. We were on our second one of those (Summer replaced the first one with no hassle), because the volume adjustment went out. You just have to hit the volume dial sometimes to readjust it. It seems to have happened with our second one too. Except for the volume issue, which honestly, didn't bother me all that much, we've been really happy with it. I consider it one of the best baby purchases we've made.

We bought the Summer Best View when Holly moved to a toddler bed. It pans and zooms, which the other one does not. It is also digital, and has a larger screen. We were pretty rash to buy this based on the fact that she got out of bed a couple of times, and we just assumed we needed to be able to see her whole room. However, she hasn't done it since. So, I'm not sure we really need one that pans after all (although she could very well go through another phase of getting out of her bed, of course). But you can add up to 4 cameras on this one, which will be nice if we have another baby. Overall, I like it a lot. My only complaints are that the night vision view seems more pixelated than the old one. And, you have to go into the menu to adjust the volume, which can be annoying. But, that's not a big deal overnight or anything, since we typically keep it on the same volume level anyway.

I plan to use a video monitor until she's 12.

Kidding.. sort of. hehe. Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just have the summer hand held with a camera in each of the girls room.  They don't pan and you can hear the white noise but you could do what was mentioned above.  We can't have the video on both girls rooms as once so I have the sound monitor on for Claire's room and then switch the video to her room if I hear her and need to check in.  You could always turn the sound off on your video and use the audio one you have.  I thought we would have needed a panning for Natalie now that she's in her twin bed but I really haven't had any issue with not having it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

We bought the Summer Best View when Holly moved to a toddler bed. It pans and zooms, which the other one does not. It is also digital, and has a larger screen. We were pretty rash to buy this based on the fact that she got out of bed a couple of times, and we just assumed we needed to be able to see her whole room. However, she hasn't done it since. So, I'm not sure we really need one that pans after all (although she could very well go through another phase of getting out of her bed, of course). But you can add up to 4 cameras on this one, which will be nice if we have another baby. Overall, I like it a lot. My only complaints are that the night vision view seems more pixelated than the old one. And, you have to go into the menu to adjust the volume, which can be annoying. But, that's not a big deal overnight or anything, since we typically keep it on the same volume level anyway.

We have this one as well. I really like it. I also really like the fact we can add other cameras so we can see both girls on 1 hand held device. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageLalabee0425:
    imageMrsHughesNC:

We also have this one and I really really like it.  Originally I had convinced myself we did not even need a video monitor, but I love being able to check on him without going in the room, especially since he is looking for us a lot more.  

It does not pan or block out white noise, but we are used to the white noise and I actually like hearing his noise machine throughout the night.  I did see where Summer Infant has a new monitor that pans, but I have no experience or reviews.

We have this one as well. I really like it. I also really like the fact we can add other cameras so we can see both girls on 1 hand held device. 

• Options

Not sure what happened to response above, but...

We also have this monitor and I was kind of against getting one in the first place, but so glad we have it now.  I love being able to check on Tipp without walking into the room, especially since we are starting to sleep train and he is looking for us.  

It does not block white noise or pan, but we are used to the white noise and I like hearing his noise machine at night.  I did see that Summer Infant has a new monitor that pans, but do not have any experience or know the price range.

• Options
    We have the Summer Best View as well.  I love this thing.  I think the volume is actually loud even on the lowest setting, so I have this volume turned all the way down and use an audio monitor for very low volume.  Lol.  But I love that I can see her and zoom, etc.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just bought the summer infant baby touch monitor.  you can pan, zoom, and two way talk with this fancy smancy monitor.  It was my baby splurge and it's pretty cool I must admit.  They are on sale at BRU right now for 15% off or 20% off if you still have your coupon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"