Washington Babies
Options

am I the weirdo?

Before class today, a nice mom with a really cute 13 mo boy, let him get into all of my stuff. I was trying to have a quick lunch while on the floor with W. She let him take W's toy and stuff it in his mouth, walk all over the blanket W was laying on, pick up my phone, and mess around with the stroller. I was trying to not be rude but I kept removing the things in a polite way, yet she didn't seem to get the hint. Should I accept this as my new life being around kids and get over it, or is it ok to be a little protective of my stuff?

(sorry if you're the mom that was there. No offence meant towards you personally)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: am I the weirdo?

• Options
    Heck no you're not that weirdo! That is some serious space invading. Sheesh..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Does she have a 13 month old and one in the 3-6 class?? If so I'd cut her some slack. But otherwise no it's not normal to let your kid get into other peoples stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I want to add too that this was a total stranger. I don't mind sharing toys with his pals.

No Jill, She only had the one toddler.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    Does she have a 13 month old and one in the 3-6 class?? If so I'd cut her some slack. But otherwise no it's not normal to let your kid get into other peoples stuff.

I agree with Jill. It would probably still bother me, but I'd try to be a little more relaxed if she had two kids.

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagezazzu:

I want to add too that this was a total stranger. I don't mind sharing toys with his pals.

No Jill, She only had the one toddler.

We were posting at the same time, I think. You're definitely not a weirdo - she needed to be more respectful of other people's stuff.

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nope you are not a wierdo. That would have bugged me. What was the mom doing? 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

So you were there for 6-9 class?  As you will find out as you go to 6-9 and 9-12 (and 12-15)  pretty much toys that are out are fair game for any baby - don't bring things you don't want to share (and get chewed on by other babies) And blankets pretty much go away with mobile babies - once they don't stay on the blanket they aren't much use.  Also as babies move around it becomes "watch the baby in front of you"

I think she should have watched more closely with the phone and the stroller (things that could break or baby get hurt on)  but the toys and blanket aren't issues to me.  I would have also been watching (as the mom of a 15 month old) that my baby didn't hurt the smaller baby. 

Sometimes the transition to the next age group can be quite the shock,  I actually am surprised now when I see the 9 month olds in comparision to my 15 month old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Well, my almost 15 monthster is one of those destructo types if given the opportunity so when we are out at places I try really hard to not let him have free reign. I would also have been concerned about that child playing with your phone and the stroller because those can break and cost a few pennies to replace.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a big problem with other people/kids touching my DD's stuff.  If the mom has said to her kid "no, that's not yours" I may have shared but I hate grabby kids with parents who don't control them. My DD is in the stage of everything in her reach is in her hand then her mouth so I watch her.  And I tell her it is not hers and put it back.  If she grabs from someone I say sorry to them. Oh, and I dislike people touching my phone.  Kids or adults.  Its my life line and not cheap.  I don't want it broken.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"