Pregnant after 35

Freak Outs

I'm coming out of lurking. I'm 14 weeks today and had a little freak out.... I'm so tired, which I know Is normal In pregnancy, but this tired won't go away when the babies are here. How am I going to take care of three newborns when I'm tired all the time?!?! We will have help but still...the thought makes me even more tired. *sigh*

Re: Freak Outs

• You learn to do it one minute at a time - tired or not.   There are moments that will keep you flying high for days on end - the smell of a newborn, the sounds they make when they're sleeping, the grip on your finger as their fingers curl around you.  You'll forget what a good night's sleep felt like and you'll learn to survive on less.  It just happens.  Try not to "borrow trouble" - that is, don't worry about things that haven't happened yet.  Get through today, let tomorrow take care of itself. 

it's all worth it - or the human race would have died out a long time ago!  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Everything will be just fine!

You'll be tired, but it'll be a different kind of tired entirely!  It will be more sleep deprivation, and less of the brute physical exhaustion of babymakin'.

You adjust.  It takes a little while, but you totally do.

If you haven't already, maybe check out the multiples board as well! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on making it to 14 weeks!  You just take everything day by day when you have that many little ones.  Try to rest when they rest and take good care of yourself :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • I try to think of it this way... right now i'm exhausted because of all the energy that's being used for baby growing. Before i got pregnant, even at 40, i had a TON of energy. That energy will come back, and with baby on the OUTSIDE, much easier to maintain those levels. 

For me, i'm dealing with having to be careful due to gestational hypertension, etc. I have to be really careful with stress and stimulants like caffeine. 

You have no idea how much i miss drinking a pot of coffee every morning LOL 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Hey Chicken good to "see" you! ;)  

I have a friend that just had triplets in October and I have to say she is the happiest I've seen her in a long time.  She is tired (especially now that she is back to work) but like you, she has help from family.  I agree with other posts you just do what you gotta do and it really doesn't seem so bad.  Maybe because you'll be holding and loving on the best gifts you can ever get!!!

Take care and don't freak out (easier said than done, LOL)!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Oh man 1st trimester tired is the worst...trust me it gets better.  When i would hear someone say I'm so tired i would think you have no idea what tired is until you have been pregnant......it feels constnat in teh first trimester but it usually lets up as you progress...like I am not nearly as tired as i was the first trimester...though i do like to go to bed early, etc now since i am pregnant....but the extreme tried passes for abit and comes back a bit towards the end....though I do not know what it is like if you are having triplets....I mean thats 3 xs the hormones!

Once your babies are born - yes there will be moments where you are so tired but it is different like the other ladies said.  There will be times whe nyou could take a nap because babies are sleeping and you will stay awake just ot look at them sleeping!  So my advice is don't worry about it - ask for help when you need it and get the rest now.....

Also the first few months after babies are born are exhausitng but thrilling and then after a while you'll get the hang of it.  i am not nearly as tired as I used to be except that my daughter gets up early on Saturday and Sunday so i never sleep in but oh well!  her smiling face and sweet hugs are worth it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"