North Carolina Babies

Disposable diaper questions

We buy our diapers at Sam's and have always gotten Pampers, except for a brief stint with Huggies (size 1) that we received as a gift. I wasn't a huge fan of them at the time because they weren't tall enough on DD.

DD is in a size 3 now. At first, Sam's only had Pamper Overnights in a size 3, so we just bought those. But, we've had a number of blow-outs these days since she's eating purees and crawling. We noticed recently that Sam's is carrying Pampers Cruisers, but we continued to buy Overnights because they are cheaper.

So, my questions are: Would the Cruisers be better at preventing blow-outs than the Overnights? Should we try Huggies (red box) instead, since they have that elastic at the top which may help keep things in?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Disposable diaper questions

• I would highly recommend the Huggies over pampers. At this stage we switched to Huggies for that same reason. We also got Huggies Overnights for bedtime since she was a heavy wetter.  But the elastic did help contain the blowouts and we used them for a long time until we switched to Target. I would probably use Huggies over Target brand for her age though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We used Pampers Extra Protection for night time and LOVE them. They are harder to find (I can't find them at Walmart or Target anymore, just Babies R Us and online). They work great at night!

ETA: Not sure if these are the ones you were using? 

• Loading the player...
  • We used to use Huggies and switched over to Luvs around 9 months after daycare used them, and we have never had any leaking or blowouts, and they last him overnight (and the boy is a heavy wetter).  We buy them at BJ's and for a 180 count box of size 4's it's $29. 
  • My favorite diapers were always Huggies in the red package. They used to be called Supreme, but I think are now Little Snugglers/Little Movers. We never tried the ones in the white package. But with the exception of one size--I want to say size 1--they always fit her best and contained everything best. Maybe try a small package of those before committing to a Sam's Club size. There are often $2 coupons for Huggies (sign up online to get even more), and you can often get the smaller packs for like $6-7.

I'm surprised to hear that any overnight diaper is a better deal than a regular one! I guess when you say Pampers Overnights, you mean the "Extra Protection" ones? We did eventually switch to BJ's brand or Luvs (plus Huggies Overnights at night) because there was a huge cost savings. But at that time, DD wasn't having blow outs anymore, so I can't say how they'd work for that.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Definitely get the red package! The white package Huggies suck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I use Pampers/Luvs during the day and Huggies Overnights for nighttime. The Pampers Extra Protection just doesn't seem to cut it - DS has had several instances of overflow because he's such a heavy wetter at night. I have used Huggies during the day, but prefer the Little Movers to the Snug 'n Dry.
  • Yes, I mean Pampers Extra Protection. Sorry about that. Since there is a moon on the package, I consider them Overnights!

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Looks like a switch is in order!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"