Pre-School and Daycare

Non-Clicky Poll: Preschool Area/Cost

I'm looking into preschools, and I'm curious...

1.  In which state do you live?

2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  AM, PM, or all day?

3.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually? 

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?

5.  Any other information you want to add about your preschool search and/or experience so far...?

THANKS!

Re: Non-Clicky Poll: Preschool Area/Cost

• NY

3 days a week , 9a-2:30p is considered their full day

we pay $575/mo for 2, we get 1/2 off b/c dh is faculty at the college (it's a college preschool), plus the sibling discount. which is 10% off. with registration, I think it's around $6K a year ... that would be the cost for one who does not have a parent employed there.  full time 5 days is over $8K. (we send lunches. and parents rotate who provides snacks)  

loosely yes.  spring break follows the public schools, not the college's spring break.  but they start a week after the public school starts and ends a month prior ... so mid Sept- mid May vs the public schools which are the first week of Sept - end of June.   

it's a play based preschool.  they cater to the child's capabilities and needs.  dd is one of 8 out of 20 who are pulled aside for kindergarten work b/c she's ready.  It's a small part of her day.  ds is not 100% potty trained but they've really worked with us in the process.   

• 1) Texas

2) 5 days a week, all day

3) $600/month (we provide all snacks, lunch, or can purchase lunch for $3.05 from the cafeteria)

4) Most holidays are similar to the local school holidays. The pre-school is actually a part of a private school (grades 1 - 8). The pre-school is open a few extra days that the regular school isn't

5) Nicholas has been going just since September & it's been a wonderful thing for him.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. South Dakota

2. 3 days, AM

3. $105 per month

4. Yes, aside from parent teacher conference comp days, and days off for sporting events

5.  DD's preschool is run by our church, and is the least expensive option in the area, but I love the staff, and wouldn't change for anything.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Texas

2. DD-3 days a week 8:30-2:30 DS-2 days a week- 9-2

3. DD is 240 a month DS is 155- so almost 400 a month. Next year DD will go 5 days private kinder, and DS will go three days a week at the same location it will be $650 a month that is with a pay in full and sibling discount.

4. They go by the same calendar as public schools.

• 1. Colorado

2. 2 mornings a week.

3. $145 a month

4. Same calendar as the local school district.

• Eva won't start preschool until the fall but we are registered for one.  It's in NY, she'll go two days a week from 9-11:30.  It follows the city school calendar and costs $700 for the year.  It is a co-op so we have to help out in the classroom once every 6 weeks and participate in fundraising.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. She will go to school in Westchester County, NY

2.  MWF for 2 1/2 hours a day

3. Annually $5750

4.  It follows the normal school calendar

5.  She is in a 2s program right now in Westchester that is costing $3700 a year for Tu/Th, 2 hours a day.  NYC surrounding area is a fortune. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • I'm looking into preschools, and I'm curious...

1.  In which state do you live?  MI

2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  AM, PM, or all day?  Tues/Thurs 9-12

3.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually?  $200/mo

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?  No.  Only closed a few US holidays and a week at Christmas.   It's a daycare so they are often more along the lines with company holidays.

5.  Any other information you want to add about your preschool search and/or experience so far...?  Most traditional preschools (in MI) won't handle potty training if that's an ongoing issue.  I sent DD to a daycare for this reason (was still in pull ups) but she really likes it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• 1.  In which state do you live?  Louisiana2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  AM, PM, or all day?  All day--8:30 to 3:253.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually?  $800/mo.4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?  Yes.5.  Any other information you want to add about your preschool search and/or experience so far...?  DD attends an International School where students learn 2-3 different languages (French, Spanish and Chinese).  It started 10 years ago as a daycare/preschool conducted in the now Headmistress' home; being a native of France, she decided to teach the children French.  Throughout the years, she added a Spanish component and as the enrollment increased, so did the staff.  The school takes students from 8 weeks on up to 10th grade. (It will expand to 11th grade in August and then 12th grade next year.)  Lunches must be brought from home or catered in (you pay for the catered in hot lunches) as there's not a cafeteria yet.  Classes offered are standard:  math, science, reading, etc. and an English component starts in 1st grade.  There's also piano and violin lessons as well as ballet classes and technology classes as well.  By first grade students are fully fluent in at least 2 languages and we participate in fundraising projects throughout the year.  Parents are also required to log-in 15 hours of volunteer work in the classroom or by participating in school events like fall/spring carnivals, picture day, father/daughter dances, etc.  THANKS!
  • PA

Tuesday/Thursday 9-11:30 am

$75/month

They follow the school holidays, closings and 2 hr delays.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • 1. Upstate SC

2. he gets there at 7am but "class" doesn't start till 9. It lasts till 3pm but he stays till 430 or 5.

3. $440 a month

4. they only close on major holidays (new years, Christmas...etc)

5.  we didn't chose the most expensive place with the newest facilities. but we chose a warm place with great teachers who love my child and he is learning and having fun. very important. (some of my friends kids go to the more expensive places and are not as happy or learning so much).

• 1.  In which state do you live?    California

Three days a week/three hours a day in the morning.

3.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually?  $235 a month

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?  For the most part.  The district has a week off for Thanksgiving and DS's school only closes Thursday and Friday.  The district also has a week off for Presidents "Day", and DS's school only takes the Monday off.

5.  Any other information you want to add about your preschool search and/or experience so far...?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  In which state do you live?  Pa

2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  AM, PM, or all day?  Tues/Thurs 9-11:30am

3.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually?  125/month

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?  yes

• 1.  In which state do you live?   As far South as you can get before you fall into The Gulf2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  School day is from 8 am to 3 pm, five days a week but, MH picks her up everyday at 11:30.3.  How much do you pay per month?  School is $825 per month but, MH does political work for them so we get the staff tuition which is $400 ish a month.   4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?   Emerson's school goes from August through June.  They only let out in the month of July.  Otherwise, they do following the public school calendar.
  • I'm looking into preschools, and I'm curious...

1.  In which state do you live?   MN

will attend next fall 2 days per week in the morning--but pm options exist as does a 3 day per week option

3.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually?  per month $90 for 2 day/wk  $120 for 3 days

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?   the program we'll most likely do is run by the ECFE program and follows the school calendar

5.  Any other information you want to add about your preschool search and/or experience so far...?   i've thought about a couple other options at local churches--price is comparable but they do field trips and such.  

THANKS!

• 1.) Oregon 

2.) 2 days a week 830-1030am

3.) $129 a month

4.) Vacations & Holidays yes, but not those dumb teacher inservice days (random days off for no reason)

5.) Random info

* He has 3 teachers and they all of some sort of college degree, so they are not just daycare providers pretending to be teachers... (The director- MA in education, head teacher- BA in education, and teacher's helper- BA? early childhood education?)

* There are only 12 kids in his class, ratio 1:4 (sometimes 1:3 when the other assistant is there

* It is a Christian based program

* Most importantly my DS loves his teachers and has already learned SO much since starting, he can point out all his letters and spell his name and other small words- since SEPTEMBER!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD #1 is currently in a pre-k program run by the school districts early childhood programs and DD#2 is in a daycare center based preschool.  Both of my kids are in school from around 7am to 4:30pm.  The Pre-K program does its more formal program the same as the elementary's hours of 9:40 to 4pm.  They have activities, breakfast and basically open free time before and after those hours as the class is open from 6:45am to 6pm.  Daycare is open from 6:30am to 6pm.

1.  In which state do you live? MN

2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  AM, PM, or all day? both go full time, 5 days a week

3.  How much do you pay per month?  ...Annually?  Both run at about $904 per month, this includes all food for both and field trips for my older DD.  We pay extra for my DD#2 to take a weekly Spanish class and a 6 weeks soccer class a few times a year.  DD#2's program also brings in a story teller every 4-6 weeks and we pay an extra $2 for that.  For DD#2's summer program at the center, we pay a summer activity fee of $60 and they do a ton of extra programs - bounce house every few weeks, traveling zoo, ice cream treats and a ton of other stuff.  All the extras are included in DD#1's program.

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?  No.  DD#2 is at a daycare that closes for major holidays only.  DD#1's program is open most days even when the school is closed with the expection of the last 2 weeks of summer before school starts, 3 days when school lets out in June and then a few random holidays during the year.  Closed all major holidays.  On most of the minor holidays (think President's Day type of holidays) and other school closings/vacations - the program is open for those that want to come but lunch is not provided on those days.  The Pre K (DD#1) is part of the Early Childhood Programs and also works with the group that does the before and after school and summer programs for K-5 so they have excellent hours.

5.  Any other information you want to add about your preschool search and/or experience so far...?  Love it - the daycare center preschool has been great for my kids for ages 2-3 and I LOVE the Pre-K program.  It is excellent and I ahve watched my child grow before my eyes in ways that I know she would never have done at the daycare program - just a different focus and setting.  The preschool program is perfect for the younger age but the PreK program is amazing for a year before Kindergarten experience.  Granted, we are holding my older DD back a year and she will repeat the program but that has nothing to do with the program itself and 100% with my daughter.  It has been amazing to work with her teachers on coming to that decision and working out what is best for my DD in the long run.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • 1. Iowa

2. 5 days, mornings only - 8:30-11:30am

3. $414.50/month.   It's another $125/month for full day, which goes until 3:00, but it's mostly lunch and nap, so we didn't feel like it was worth the extra cost.

4. Yes, it follows the local school district calendar and snow policies.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. MI

2. DS goes 5 days a week, all day.  Though I just go by his schedule.  I don't make him get up in time for school, which starts at 8 am.  I usually get him there by 9.

3. $600/month, or $6K for the year.

4. For the most part they do, when it comes to winter holidays, spring break, MLK day, Labor day, etc.  Though they don't get off religious holidays (like Yom Kippur).

• 1.  In which state do you live? California

2.  How many days a week does your child attend preschool?  AM, PM, or all day?  She is going to start a summer and then fall program in June.  She will go to school 2 days a week from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.

3.  How much do you pay per month?  It is a private christian based preschool and tuition is $300 per month for 2 half days.  I have priced others in our area at $180 for 2 half days and as much as $500 for 2 half days.

4.  Does your child's program follow your local school district's calendar (for vacations, holidays)?  The program she is starting will follow the private christian schools calendar year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"