North Carolina Babies

NBR: House Poll

DH and I need to find another rental house.  We have found that around here a rental payment is pretty close to what a mortgage payment would be. We found a super cute rental at a great price, but it seems really small to me once I picture two kids and furniture, so I'm curious if it seems to be more average than I think.

1. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have?

2. How many square feet is your home?

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: House Poll

• -We have 3 BR and 2.5 bedrooms

-House is 1800 sq ft (plus an unpermitted, but finished and climate controlled basement space that's like 300 sq ft which is my [work in progress] craft room, and storage)

I can see things getting tight here if we have another child. What saves us is that we have a family room and a living room. The living room is where we play. I hesitate to call it a playroom, because I really do my best to keep it looking like a living room, as it's the room you walk into as you enter our house! But I'm not sure where we'd store her toys & stuff if we didn't have that space. 

We're determined to make it work with another kid here. DH and I figure we both grew up in smaller houses and survived. If we are busting at the seams, we figure it's time to get rid of some stuff! We're staying put, because we hate moving! :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• My house is 5 bedrooms 5 bathrooms and just over 5,000 sq ft. Definitely more house than we need!
  • Loading the player...
  • 3,000 sq. ft, 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths and office.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a 3 BR 2.5 Bath house that is around 2000 Sq Ft, plus our basement is finished now which is another ~500 sq ft.

We plan to stay here for a while. We would like to move a county over before J starts school, but if we don't it's not that big of a deal. I would ideally like a 4th bedroom since my family lives 2hours away and I'd like a 3rd child, but I don't see that in our near future. 

• We have 4 bedrooms (all upstairs) with 2 full baths upstairs.(We use 1 BR for my home office).

Downstairs we have a 1/2 bath.

Total sf is ~3000

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• 1. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms

2. How many square feet is your home? 1700

• We have 2500 sq.feet and I wish more of it was downstairs. We have a master on the first floor and 3 beds and a very large bonus room (the size of our 2 car garage) upstairs.

So 4 beds and 2 1/2 baths plus a bonus room. It is more than enough space.

• 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and 2500 sq ft.

It's more than enough right now, and will be just right as our family grows. We don't intend to move ever again - if we can help it.

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? 4 bedrooms 3 full baths, kitchen, dining, living room, 2 car garage.

2. How many square feet is your home? about 2000.

I live in a cottage home/detached townhome.  We are on the end unit and don't share walls with the neighbors, we're just attached by the storage space inbetween units.

I wish you would have added higher mortgage ranges...I'm curious as to what the upper ranges would have come in at. ;)

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our rental home is 1250 square feet, 3 bedrooms & 1 bath. Rent is $850. I think we would be more than happy here for at least 4-5 years, even if we had 2 kids here.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Our house is 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath,  1800 square feet.  We have a family of five and its enough space for us.  Now with one more on the way we might need more room. 

I'm jealous of everyone with 4 bedrooms.

• Our house is 3 bedrooms, loft & 2.5 baths.  It's just about 2200 sqft.  We're seriously considering building the loft into a 4th bedroom so we can stay here when we have #2 (I really want to keep our dedicated guest room).  I wish our living space was a little bigger, but it works (easier than moving!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and it's about 1400 sq ft. It'd be nice to have a little more space, but it's not uncomfortable and should be enough even with 2 kids (for a while, anyway).
  • 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths for a total of 1400 sq ft. DH uses the 3rd bedroom as his "man cave" and it doubles as a guest room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 2 half baths, 2350 sf.

It's technically good space, but it's a 3-story TH which chops it up. We barely use the bottom level, which is meant to be bonus space, and has a sitting area, the computer and dh's art desk.

• 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, about 1500 sq ft.  It's not ideal, but it's fine for us, and will be ok for another kid too.  I just really wish we had one extra room (den, family room, playroom, etc) and a half bath. 

We only have a living room and eat in kitchen, so very little common space.  But the bedrooms are pretty big so that makes a difference, and we have a ton of storage space.  We also have a full basement and half of it is semi-finished so we have room to grow down there if we choose to.  If it weren't for the basement there's no way we'd have enough space. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our house is 2000 sq ft, 3 true bedrooms, an office, and 2 bathrooms.  I can see it getting tight if we have a second child.  We hope to be moving within 5 years. 
  • we have 4 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths, and office and a theater. Our house comes in at ~3000 sq ft. 

If you are moving because the rent is what you would pay on a mortgage, why not buy a home?  at least the money you are paying will give you a return in the end?!

• imagestarz080:

1. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms

• imagestarz080:

1. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms

This exactly!
  • imageAKH307:

If you are moving because the rent is what you would pay on a mortgage, why not buy a home?  at least the money you are paying will give you a return in the end?!

I would LOVE to buy a home right now, but DH's job is still uncertain and it may mean a move closer to where he will be working so I don't want to buy then decide we would rather be closer to his job. Right now we are renting a 4br, 3.5ba, 2600sqft home with two kids, a big dog and lots of toys. So the idea of downsizing to a house almost half the sq ft is scary! I know we can make it work, it's just going to be uncomfortable at first. But I think it will be worth what we loose in space to be able to save almost $300/mo in rent for another year and then buy a house.

• imageLizard2022:

I'm jealous of everyone with 4 bedrooms.

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have 3 bedrooms and a bonus room. We have about 2000 sq. feet. It is plenty for when we have one kid, but since DH uses one of the bedrooms as his home office, I'm not sure what we will do if we have more than one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our house has a main level and a finished walk out/daylight basement (so from the back of the house it looks like a two story home). The main level is around 1550 square feet and the finished basement is around 1250, so almost 2800 total. We have 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, one bath and bedroom in the basement. I love having our main bedrooms and living areas (living room, kitchen, dining room) on one level and having everything else on a separate level (guest room, office, playroom, storage). We have plenty of room and storage with 2 kids, maybe even three is we added an extra bedroom in the basement (we set it up like that when we finished it, all we have to do is add a couple walls and a closet). But if we did not have the finished basement, the 1550 square foot main level would be way too small for us.
  • 3 BR, 2 Bath

1400 sq ft

We're having another baby in May and it will be a tight squeeze, but we can make do!  Nowadays people feel so pressured to have the biggest and best and think they can't possibly have more than 1 kid unless they have a 4+ BR house.  If you can afford bigger, great, but if the house is livable don't overexert yourself with a mortgage/rent payment each month! 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"