Military Families

Puts a damper on TTC

I just found out right now that my husband will be getting back from his deployment two weeks after the date we thought he would be back. I know it's the military and that the dates change all the time, I just want him back ASAP. We just moved from TX to Panama City in June, got married in September, and he's been gone since 1 Nov. So, he moved me here and left me with no friends. LOL! 

Sorry, I'm totally having a pity party right now.  

We got married September 19, 2010 in Clemson, SC!

Re: Puts a damper on TTC

• Ah, welcome to the life of a military spouse! At least your in Panama City, your location could be A LOT worse. 

Take advantage of the time he's gone, I've found when FI is gone I get really good at being 'alone' and come out of my shell a bit (plus I have way more time to work out, ha).

• Yeah, my location could be much worse. I'm going to school full time and that's about it. I need to "learn" to make friends, it's just so hard when you're 25+. I don't want to hang out with girls at school because they're young and that's really the only socializing I do. I've never really had to make an effort to find/make friends before, so this is new. :-) I am getting really good at being alone and I'm pretty much good-to-go with it at this point. Good thing is that our house is SPOTLESS 24/7. Haha! And I've been thinking about training for a half-marathon. Thinking and doing are two different things though. LOL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yuck, that sucks. When you are looking forward to a certain date, it's hard when that date changes even if you have lots of notice. Maybe they will change the date back the other way in your favor? :)

Hang in there.

• imageGreen*Flamingo:

Yuck, that sucks. When you are looking forward to a certain date, it's hard when that date changes even if you have lots of notice. Maybe they will change the date back the other way in your favor? :)

Hang in there.

Thanks! :-) I'm being really pouty about it, even though I know better. 

• I am right there with you with date changes of DH leaving/coming back. My DH is deploying a lot sooner than I thought (but this is our first deployment), I guess that is the military for you. We are planning on TTC also, but we are going to start trying during R&R. I really hope we get pregnant then/on the first try, because I have serious baby fever. And I don't want to wait till he comes back from deployment to get pregnant.

I hope your DH comes back soon and I wish you good luck on TTC!

imageimage Wedding Day: January 3, 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"