Parenting after 35
Options

Is this sippy cup success?

In an effort to try and get Logan off a bottle I bought a sippy cup with handles and a silicone spout.  Logan drinks from it like a champ...well when he is laying down. He's not great at drinking from it while he is sitting up. Can't quite figure out that he needs to tilt it up in order to get something out.

What do I need to do? In my mind as long as he can drink out of it we are good and he'll eventually figure the rest out.

I saw something on the 9-12 month board about the straw cups being better for speech development. Is that true? My older boys didn't use straw cups and never had a problem with speech.

So many things have changed in 11 1/2 years!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this sippy cup success?

• Options
    I think that sounds like success. M needed help drinking from a sippy until embarrassingly recently.
  • Options

he'll get the hang of it in no time!

i started sabrina on a non-straw sippy around 6 months. she took to it pretty well but it was a really slow process. i just kept giving her a sippy with every meal (when she was home) with water and gave her formula in bottles. around 10 months i tried a straw sippy but by then she was used to lifting it to get water so she would lift the straw and then wouldn't get anything and get frustrated so i let that go for a while. maybe about a month ago i tried again and now she drinks really well from both. i think she drinks a lot more from the straw for some reason. i give water in the staw cup and milk in a regular.

she still gets two bottles a day,though- upon waking in the morning and at bedtime. i'm ok with that for now.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the straw flip and sip cups from nuby that are straw sippies primarily.  Ellie also does pretty well with the Tilty cups (we got them on Amazon, after seeing Fiona with one).  But I'd say success!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"