Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

infant childcare in Denton/Corinth recs...so scared

I am looking to put my 8 week old infant in child care beginning in March as I go back to work part time. My first DD was cared for by family, but with big changes in our family it won't be possible for our newest DD. I am scared to death to put a child this young in a daycare and am dreading it so so much.

I need good solid recs to ease my mind. I want someplace with a LOW turnover. I have called Primrose schools in Corinth but HOLY MOLY they quoted me $245 per week! I am really hoping that is not the norm!

Re: infant childcare in Denton/Corinth recs...so scared

• Options

$245 is probably on the high end of the norm for center, but expected for a nicer center. Probably one of the lowest prices I have heard of for an infant at a national chain center was $206/week but that was about 2 years ago and not a very good center.

Sometimes home daycares are less expensive, so you might look into those as well.

Sorry no references for that area though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

I don't have any recs for that area but I am finding $245 to be about standard. 

I'm am also going back to work he first week of March.  I really want a place that has online viewing.  I think this will help me the first few weeks to be able to check in when I want.  I also like places that have a 1.5-6 month room and 6-12 month room instead of putting 2 mo in with 10 mo.

At home daycares range from $125-$200 with most being $150.  

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I also found this to be very helpful:

find more information about all centers and homes - Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. You can search for child care options by zip code and see how many children they are licensed to carry and read their latest inspections, among other things.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

I know it's not exactly in your area, but I have an excellent in-home lady in north Flower Mound/Lewisville...

As for leaving your 8-week old, it will all work out and be okay! As long as you research the center and their state inspections, you should get a good gut feeling about the place. I also recommend the website mentioned above - that's how we found the center where dd used to be and our current in-home provider. 

DD was in a center until 10 months. It was more mid-range as far as price (about $215/week for the infant room), but I was quoted $190-250 for all the other centers we toured. My in home person is more on the higher end (of in-home places) at $180, but she is well worth it.  

Good luck, and hang in there!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We had our son at that Primrose for about 6 months, he loved it but unfortunately my husband got laid off and had to take a lower paying job so we couldn't afford something quite so expensive.  We are now at Alpha Academy and we really like it...probably not quite as structured/organized as Primrose but my son loves it and it's a good fit for us!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"