South Florida Babies

SAHMs that went back to work

Did you put in any explanation on your resume/cover letters explaining your gap in employment? Or did you leave it to the interview or later to explain? Just wondering cause I'll need to start sending out resumes soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SAHMs that went back to work

• I went back to work for awhile when Nicholas was an infant.  In my cover letter I stated that I was currently a stay at home mother who was eager to return to the workplace, then went on to list my attributes, just like any other cover letter.

Be prepared to answer a lot of questions during interviews about why you are returning to work.  I think potential employers feel that your mind might not be 100% focused on the workplace after being a homemaker full time. At least that is the impression I got when I was interviewed.

• I did not mention it at all... once I got the interviews then I would tell them why i have a large gap in my unemployment. It is true that a lot of them will grill you and make sure that you are firm on your decision to go back to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • As someone who has been the interviewer in this situation, I have seen this multiple times.  Sometimes people are very creative and I have seen ?CEO/CFO/CIO? of the household and all the duties were listed.  I have also seen nothing, and we questioned them.  We look for dedication, but I personally know that work is not a mother?s #1 priority; I cannot expect this from an employee when it is not mine.  At the same time, this is not something I would want to hear come out of a potential employee?s mouth. 

Good luck to you!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"