North Carolina Babies

Introducing Naomi Raye

Thank you SB for posting the update!!

SB gave you the brief story but I'll tell you more.  It's still pretty brief. 

I worked until 10:00 pm Tuesday night.  I picked up C from my SIL's, went home, got ready for bed and was asleep by 11:30.  At 1:30 I was rudely awakened with some major stomach "cramps".  I thought I just needed to go to the bathroom so I did but the pain didn't stop.  I laid back down in the bed and then it started coming in waves about 8 minutes apart.  I got up and went downstairs and walked around a little bit thinking that if it was false that the change in position would stop it.  No so much.  They picked up to every 6 minutes apart within an hour.  I called DH who was at work but couldn't get ahold of him.  I left him a message and went back to walking.  A little after an hour I had a span of about 20-25 minutes where I didn't have a contraction so I went back to bed.  As soon as I hit the pillow it picked up again still 6 minutes apart but getting stronger.  By this point it was about 3:00.  DH is usually home by then but he wasn't yet so I tried calling him again, again no answer.  I went back down to the couch and laid down hoping he would be home very soon.  He walked in the door around 3:30 completely oblivious as to why I was up because his phone had died so he didn't get my messages.  He called L&D to see how long I should labor at home since I had the previous c/s.  They said to go ahead and come in and get checked.  DH jumped in the shower while I grabbed a few things.  I called my mom to come sit with C.  The contractions started getting stronger so I told DH he needed to hurry.  He did.  I called my mom back and told her just to meet us at the hospital because I couldn't wait any longer.  We live 5 minutes from the hospital and my contractions started 4 minutes apart on the drive.  We got to the hospital and my mom was already there.  I went straight to L&D while DH handed C off.  By the time I got to the desk my contractions were 2 minutes apart and very strong.  They immediately got me in a room and checked me - I was already complete - and my contractions sucked!!  The doctor on call came right in, not my doctor :-(, and we briefly discussed VBAC vs repeat.  She strongly suggested the repeat due to my history and Naomi's size.  At that point I was in too much pain to argue much.  I consented and they immediately took me back to the operating room.  As I was being wheeled in I had a strong urge to push but was told not to so I didn't.  She was born via c/s at 5:35 a.m.  So all in all 4 hours from the start of labor.  She weighed 8lbs 12oz and is 19inches.  Connor is so in love with his little sister!!

Sorry this is all one big paragraph.  She is crying for me to feed her right now.  Here is a couple of pictures.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011

Re: Introducing Naomi Raye

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"