Health & Exercise

Thursday Shredding Check In

Day 18, Level 2 and still going strong.  I woke up to another foot of snow this morning (that makes more than 3 feet in the last 2.5 weeks!) which put me in a not so happy mood so I took all that frustration and killed it in the workout today.  I even let out a few screams during the V raises which kinda helped get through them.  I love that people have made this workout work for them by modifying when necessary...great idea.  For those of you entering L2 today, good luck and happy double jump ropes!  I cannot believe I only have another 12 days to go!  Anyone give any thoughts as to what they are going to do after the 30 days?

Re: Thursday Shredding Check In

• I took the past two days off and will need to force myself back into it today! My motivation is tanking again because I have the growing suspicion that this isn't enough cardio, and that I'm not limiting my calories enough, to see a significant change. I took my measurements and seem to have lost an inch in the waist, but my chest and hip measurements were actually an inch bigger! I'm sure that means I didn't measure in exactly the same spot, or that I pulled the tape tighter the first time, but then that makes me doubt the validity of the waist measurement, too. I know I'm getting stronger and maybe I should see this as an exercise in commitment and working my way up to longer cardio workouts--I bought one of Bob Harper's DVD's on sale at Target yesterday but haven't tried it yet.

As for what comes after this, there's Jillian's 30-Day Slim Down regimen, but I'm not sure if I'll do that or try other DVD's or what. I'll edit when (not if!) I do my Shred today!
  • imageCubbyMama:
    I took the past two days off and will need to force myself back into it today! My motivation is tanking again because I have the growing suspicion that this isn't enough cardio, and that I'm not limiting my calories enough, to see a significant change. I took my measurements and seem to have lost an inch in the waist, but my chest and hip measurements were actually an inch bigger! I'm sure that means I didn't measure in exactly the same spot, or that I pulled the tape tighter the first time, but then that makes me doubt the validity of the waist measurement, too. I know I'm getting stronger and maybe I should see this as an exercise in commitment and working my way up to longer cardio workouts--I bought one of Bob Harper's DVD's on sale at Target yesterday but haven't tried it yet.

As for what comes after this, there's Jillian's 30-Day Slim Down regimen, but I'm not sure if I'll do that or try other DVD's or what. I'll edit when (not if!) I do my Shred today!
    This was me. I was definitely loosing all motivation and doubting this exercise. My DH and I went through and modified for me and I am loving it now! I am sticking with L2 because it seems to have the best ab workout. I took out all the stupid plank moves (which I felt did nothing for me) and replaced them with jumping jacks (I do some with weights like L3 and some without). The last ab work in plank I replaced with double crunches. I am loving my workout now and am feeling like I am getting so much more cardio in. I was not loosing and was generally feeling awful about myself and I am on D22. Doing this modification is making me want to exercise again. Why not try to modify before you stop it totally. You might like it!! Good luck and I hope you find something.
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Loading the player...
  • Today was D23 L2.5. I am sticking with my modified version which is between L2 and L3. I am loving it and feeling like I'm getting such a good workout. The little bit of cardio that I've added is definitely making a difference. Won't weigh myself until Friday, but I'm hoping for some good results!!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Day 11, L2 (1).  I think I can sum up my first day of level 2 by saying "Oh my god"!  Haha.  I was a hot mess.  I wish I would have watched it prior to attempting it the first time.  I was certainly doing almost everything modified and missed many reps but I was sweating like a stuck pig.  A good thing though? the workout felt like it was 5 minutes!  I remember feeling like this the first day of level 1.  So... I know in just a few days I'm going to be thinking these moves are easy.  Wow.... What a workout. I need to get in the shower now.

image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • OK, I'm on Day 14 since I've taken two 2-day breaks, and I tried L3 today to see what you guys were talking about re: customizing with moves from both/all levels. I can see why people like L2 better than L3! It seems like many if the moves were either too easy and I felt nothing (that one where you lay on your stomach and lift your chest & legs off the ground, for example) or they were so hard on the knees that I was like, "No way!" I made a list of the strength, cardio, and ab moves I feel are the most useful from each of the three levels and will try doing a custom version tomorrow--thanks for that idea!

Question: If you customize, do you still watch the DVD for timing purposes or do it entirely on your own? I feel like I need something to watch to keep the circuits right, even if I'm not doing exactly what they're doing...
  • imageCubbyMama:
    OK, I'm on Day 14 since I've taken two 2-day breaks, and I tried L3 today to see what you guys were talking about re: customizing with moves from both/all levels. I can see why people like L2 better than L3! It seems like many if the moves were either too easy and I felt nothing (that one where you lay on your stomach and lift your chest & legs off the ground, for example) or they were so hard on the knees that I was like, "No way!" I made a list of the strength, cardio, and ab moves I feel are the most useful from each of the three levels and will try doing a custom version tomorrow--thanks for that idea!

Question: If you customize, do you still watch the DVD for timing purposes or do it entirely on your own? I feel like I need something to watch to keep the circuits right, even if I'm not doing exactly what they're doing...
    I use the video for timing and I use L2. I seem to like a lot of L2 compared to the other levels. I am so glad someone else is saying the same thing about L3. It was way too easy in some spots (moving back to L2 showed me how weak I got) and way too hard on my knees and ankles in other spots. Good luck!!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • D11 L2. Wow! It was nice to change it up, but more than once I thought, "you want me to do what???" I also had been using 5lb weights and I finally got 3lb instead, this seemed to help alot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • D4, L1 for me.  I really pushed myself hard today and was sweating and panting like crazy by the end of it, but it feels so good to be motivated to stick with it!  These check-ins really help and keep me accountable.  Keep up the great work ladies and we'll see you tomorrow!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"