Pre-School and Daycare

When did you get rid of your cart cover?

Sorry for all the question about getting rid of kid's stuff - trying to spring clean and take as much as possible to the consignment shop!

I haven't been that great about using the cart cover with my 15 month old, but probably because we have been using the carts with the "car" in the front, or the carts that have 2 seats instead of 1 (like the wholesale clubs).

But then I think about getting rid of it and I feel like I shouldn't...

Time to ditch it?  Or wait til summer when cold/flu season is over?  (And same with the cheapie highchair cover too)?

Re: When did you get rid of your cart cover?

• I didn't use one with any of my kids...mostly b/c finding a cover for twins then a cart that had two seats up front was difficult.  So when #3 came along I just skipped it.

I have to say they seem really germy to me anyway - like instead of leaving the germs the cart (or the sanitary wipe)  you bring them into your car and house.  Ewww.

So I say sell it!  Wink

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I used mine with DD until she was about 18 months--maybe shortly before.  She was a very oral baby, putting everything in her mouth but mostly her hands.  After I saw the 20/20 feature with the germs on the grocery store carts I felt weird placing her in an uncovered seat.  I washed it regularly in hot water on the gentle cycle.  I'd keep it at least through the cold/flu season.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure we are in the minority, but we love ours. DS used his in both the cart and high chairs until almost 2 1/2, we gave it a few months' rest, and now we use it again for DD. I've definitely gotten my money's worth! I'm not a huge germaphobe, but he just really liked it and got used to it and it's easier for me than wiping the cart down each time. It's weird now when he sits up front and doesn't use it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I stopped using ours a LONG time ago. I only used it when she was really little and liked to chew on the handle. It was easier for me to pile Puffs onto the fabric, too. But those days are long gone! So for us, the cart cover is history.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't used the shopping part cover with my 14m old the last three or so times I've taken him to the store with me. I keep it in the back of my car and was thinking I'll let it sit there for another month or two just in case I feel a need to use it. 

I don't remember the last time I used our highchair cover. I keep it in a bin behind my son's carseat. We didn't take it to Mexico over Thanksgiving and I've just put him straight in a highchair without a cover since then. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"