Georgia Babies
Options

Do our schools do "lock down" drills?

I was reading a post on parenting where someone mentioned that their kid does "lock down" drills at school where they turn off lights, hide out of sight and lock the door. This is practice for things like a gunman or some other threat on campus. Other people responded that the school their kids attend or where they work do the same thing Does your dc's daycare or school (or your school if you work at one) do lock down drills? It so scary to me to think that our kids have to prepare for this type of situation :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do our schools do "lock down" drills?

• Options

The school I work at and every school I have worked at does fire drill, bomb drill, tornado drill, medical lockdown, and intruder lock down drills. 

• Options
    Ditto yellowtulips.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never even thought to ask Emma about that. I assumed they did weather drills but I haven't asked her about other stuff.
  • Options
    the little church preschool I work at does the lock down drill, tornado drill and fire drills.  Yes I have been in a closet with 16 3 year olds and another teacher, good times!
  • Options
    imageyellowtulips80:

The school I work at and every school I have worked at does fire drill, bomb drill, tornado drill, medical lockdown, and intruder lock down drills. 

What is medical lockdown?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"