VBAC
Options

Could use a pep talk

I carried really far out with DS, and am doing about the same this time around.  I honestly have a hard time figuring out how something that apparently has no room to go anywhere but forward is going to actually come out through my pelvis.  Just one of those days when evil doubt is creeping into my head...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Could use a pep talk

• Options
    (((HUGS))) Hang in there mama! You're doing awesome! The last few weeks are the hardest!!
  • Options

You're just having last minute doubts!  Stay positive!  I doubt where you carry is really any indicator, and I think deep down you do too - you're just getting the jitters!  I started having all sorts of questions of that nature towards the end as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How you carry is really more about your abdominal strength than anything else.  Try not to compare the outcome last time to what will happen this time.  You are more informed going into the homestretch and you can clearly advocate for yourself.  If you're going to scrutinize signs and symptoms, look for the differences and think about how this time WILL be different.  :-)
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options

Don't doubt yourself now. You've been telling me that our bodies are made to do this, it's what our bodies were designed to do, be my own advocate, stand up for myself.

Am I scared? Hellz yeah! Do I think a c-section is an easier route? Yep. But I know me. I know that if I consent to a c-section without having tried to VBAC after I've raised as much hell as I have to be MY OWN advocate and NEVER give it a shot...I will regret it. This is the last baby. My last experience and last chance for a VBAC. I'm not about to throw that away.

Now if I do everything I know you ladies have suggested, hired the doula, done the exercises, practiced the breathing, did the spinning babies positions (if needed) and it STILL doesn't work then it won't be for lack of trying. I won't be pleased but I'll learn to live with it. To me, it's more than just getting the baby here safely. It is a personal journey for me and I don't expect every person to understand it.

I carried all out front with Emma and she weighed less than 6 lbs.

You CAN do this! I am sooo excited for you and envious. I can't wait to read your birth story and see the first tiny pumpkin pictures.

• Options

You can do it!! Your body just knows how, remember that. Go with the contractions, let them do the work, etc etc.

I definitely had times of "oh hell, what am I thinking???" before I went into labor, but once the contractions started, I just let it all go - hang in there!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

whatchu talkin' bout girl? you got this!!!!!

Don't let last minute jitters get to you. You have worked so hard and come so far to not give it a shot. You will be fine. Be strong and lean on your convictions!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I carried way out front with Bug, but she made it out. :)
  • Options
    Girl, you know that has nothing to do with anything!! You are going to get this baby out, the way you want to!! Don't forget your goals. There is nothing stopping you from getting what you want right now. You're just getting nervous. Believe me, I am too!
  • Options
    Hang in there and try to think happy thoughts!  I know that is easier said then done :)  Just remember that you are a strong woman, and that your body was made for this.  Once labor starts I bet your doubts will be pushed far out of your mind.  
  • Options
    Your baby will come down and out I promise!  Hang in there.  There will be more freak-outs in the next weeks until labor starts, but just keep telling yourself that you can do this!  It's what your body was designed to do.  This is the perfect baby for you, and you are the perfect momma for this baby!  Thinking of you!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate it.  Definitely have no intention of not continuing my VBAC journey, just had a moment where all the comments of how I was carrying was starting to get to me! 
  • Options

Here is a pic of my belly 2 weeks before DD was born:

She was 7lbs 14oz and not quite 21 inches long.  I'm 5' tall and normally wear a size 2.  I think if I can push the chunk out of my vag, you can do it too!  I had evil doubt even as she was crowning.  Just keep telling yourself you CAN do it.  I repeated that over and over.  The MW probably thought I was crazy :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"