VBAC

Introduction and a question

Hello! Quick intro and then a question for you ladies... I've been lurking and there is some wonderful information on this board. My DS was a c-section after 22 hours of labor... he was transverse and just wasn't turning no matter what my OB did. I do have to say I had an absolutely wonderful section experience (and totally owe this to my fantastic OB!) so no complaints there. She came to speak with me the following day and we talked at length about what happened, what could have been done differently, etc. In short.. my water broke to start labor and I was only 1cm when checking in. Hours later the nurse checked me and said I was "almost a 5" and encouraged me to get the epidural. 2 hours later when my OB got there and checked me I was only 1.5... (I really wish they would make some kind of tool that would determine how dilated you are and not go by fingers.. ugh) Anyway... I got an infection from my water breaking. When I finally got to 10 he turned. I tried pushing while my OB tried to turn him... he just wasn't budging and I had nothing left. She did tell me in the hospital and at my checkups after that she would definitely encourage me to VBAC and that it wasn't medically necesary to do a repeat section. Sorry that got long! On to my question.. My 1st appointment for this baby is not until February 15th so I have not had a chance to talk with her. 3 months after my DS was born I had a LEEP procedure. (It was done 14 months ago and by the time baby is born will have been 2 months shy of 2 yrs since the LEEP) Will that hurt my chances to VBAC? Does anyone have any good information on that? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introduction and a question

• And sorry about the lack of paragraphs! I'm on my iPad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on your pregnancy! 

If you have scar tissue from the LEEP, it can be massaged out, as I understand it, so you should be fine. It's great you have such a supportive doc! :)

BTW? Are you using the "HTML" option to post on the iPad? You can type:

<br>

to make a line break if you are. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I asked my doc about this a few weeks ago. My c/s was done 4 years ago and the LEEP was done 1.5 years ago. He said that the biggest issue is the scar tissue and if it is causing a problem that they have a tool that can open you cervix. (think of inserting closed scissors, putting them in your cervix a little and opening them) HE did mention that with an epi I shouldn't feel much pain from it. However I am not a medicated kinda girl and if ican avoid a large needle in my spine I will. Obvisously my doc and I have some more things to talk about.

GL with your VBAC!

• imagejessicaeakright:

He said that the biggest issue is the scar tissue and if it is causing a problem that they have a tool that can open you cervix. (think of inserting closed scissors, putting them in your cervix a little and opening them) HE did mention that with an epi I shouldn't feel much pain from it. However I am not a medicated kinda girl and if ican avoid a large needle in my spine I will. Obvisously my doc and I have some more things to talk about.

I've had my cervix manually dilated without meds. It is the absolute worst pain EVER. Significantly worse than pitocin-augmented back labor, and orders of magnitude worse than pushing a baby out and getting a 2nd degree tear. I would never wish that on anyone.

Pleeeeease look into getting the scar tissue massaged out instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"