VBAC

3rd tri scar/lower ab pain?

Last night I woke up with some pain/soreness in my lower abdomen - possibly around where my c/s scar was.  It was definitely muscular/internal, and constant - didn't build, not crampy or gassy, not burning or sharp, just constant fairly strong soreness.  No bleeding or discharge.  I turned to my other side, baby moved and shortly after it went away.

So here's the paranoid VBAC question - is that normal?  Is it likely to have anything to do with my scar or is this something that could happen to any pg woman?   At what point would you call the doctor?  What are the signs of something really being wrong with the scar?  Would there be bleeding?  I'm assuming it will be pretty massive pain.  I'm slightly more paranoid than usual as my doctor is out of town and while I have an app't tomorrow, it's with a nurse who I have never seen.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3rd tri scar/lower ab pain?

• I was able to have a VBAC with my second baby (Sep 2009).  My girls are 15 months apart and I noticed a lot of tenderness with my c-section scar during the pregnancy.  As for the delivery, I was told they would be watching for bleeding (a sign that my uterus was rupturing at the incision site) and fetal distress.  I would ask at the appointment anyway, just for peace of mind.

• I have had a similar pain. My MW said it's normal to have more pain in a second pregnancy and especially with a CS when you consider not only the scar but all the organs and muscles around there that would have been affected by a CS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Another L&D nurse....

Sounds like this pain could be from adhesions. They may not be anything more that a minor adherence to other organs & when you contract, they pull apart (thus the pain). I would ask your OB for peace of mind, and I hope you feel better soon!

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"