Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft day three.

Took it this morning again, like yesterday. I began feeling drowsy within an hour, but was able to nap a little with DS. Previously, I'd feel tired, but I'd be in the 'half sleep' state where my mind still races.

I didn't feel loopy at all either today, which is good. Once I'm sure I won't feel that way, or have trouble sleeping, I will likely take it at night time. It's just easier to remember in the mornings...

Do you think I'll get used to it, and it won't make me feel tired eventually?

Still not seeing much of a change with my mood. Still irritable, and sad at times among other things.. I'm not disappointed because I know it can take up to a few weeks for the medication to work.

Re: Zoloft day three.

• Options
    I started last night but just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience.  I know I will have to be patient to see results, too.  I told DH I wish I could freeze time (for LO, for work) until I got better, though!

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Options
    Glad to see your sticking with it and checking in. It can most def take weeks to even out in your system and for side effects to go away. Im still tired from Celexa and I have been on it for 4 months now but once your nerves calm down you can indulge in coffee or what not and will feel better about exercise and getting out. Just keep with it and worst case scenario you may eventually have to try something else but zoloft has a very high success rate and im sure in time youll be feeling great!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetotallyshocked:
    Glad to see your sticking with it and checking in. It can most def take weeks to even out in your system and for side effects to go away. Im still tired from Celexa and I have been on it for 4 months now but once your nerves calm down you can indulge in coffee or what not and will feel better about exercise and getting out. Just keep with it and worst case scenario you may eventually have to try something else but zoloft has a very high success rate and im sure in time youll be feeling great!!

Yea, today is the most 'normal' I've felt since starting. Doesn't mean I feel BETTER, I just feel regular. Lol. I'll take that for now... Side effects can be sh!tty.

The OB who prescribed me the Zoloft also said it has a high success rate, and he expects I'll do very well with it. I don't have doubts.

• Options

imageastroMom:
    I started last night but just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience.  I know I will have to be patient to see results, too.  I told DH I wish I could freeze time (for LO, for work) until I got better, though!

Oh, I am happy to share. It just makes me feel better to post about it day to day. Then I can really compare how I feel from one day to the next. Please share your experience too!!

• Options
    imageklcl8981:

imagetotallyshocked:

Yea, today is the most 'normal' I've felt since starting. Doesn't mean I feel BETTER, I just feel regular. Lol. I'll take that for now... Side effects can be sh!tty.

The OB who prescribed me the Zoloft also said it has a high success rate, and he expects I'll do very well with it. I don't have doubts.

A positive attitude can really help bring positive results! Great thinking mama 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"