Postpartum Depression
Options

Kind of lost....

My son is four months old... and these feelings aren't going away.

I thought maybe I was just stressed being a first time mom.  But, I'm extremely irritable, exhausted, anxious, cloudy, I have a hard time concentrating and remembering things, I can never sleep.

What did PPD feel like for you.  Who do I talk to?  My family dr, my OB?  

I just don't really know where to go from here.

Re: Kind of lost....

• Options
    I was feeling the same way. You could talk to either doctor, really. But I would probably discuss it with your OB. Seek the help now!
  • Options

imageklcl8981:
    I was feeling the same way. You could talk to either doctor, really. But I would probably discuss it with your OB. Seek the help now!

I'm going to call in the morning.  It's getting a little out of hand, and I think I've known all along... I just didn't want to admit I have a "problem."

Calling the doctors freaks me out.  Especially since my son isn't a really newborn anymore... and I waited this long.  And, I really don't know what to say when they answer :/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelake919:

imageklcl8981:

I'm going to call in the morning.  It's getting a little out of hand, and I think I've known all along... I just didn't want to admit I have a "problem."

Calling the doctors freaks me out.  Especially since my son isn't a really newborn anymore... and I waited this long.  And, I really don't know what to say when they answer :/

DS is 8 months, and I just was diagnosed yesterday! Don't put it off, though. I think I knew all along too that I had a problem, and I denied it over and over for fear of being judged.

It is okay.. You will be okay. Call the doctor, and all you need to say when you schedule your appointment is that you are concerned about depression and anxiety since having your baby. You don't need to go into specifics with the receptionist. You'll be glad to get this off your chest with your doctor, and begin addressing the issue. Hang in there.

• Options
    imageklcl8981:
    imagelake919:

imageklcl8981:

DS is 8 months, and I just was diagnosed yesterday! Don't put it off, though. I think I knew all along too that I had a problem, and I denied it over and over for fear of being judged.

It is okay.. You will be okay. Call the doctor, and all you need to say when you schedule your appointment is that you are concerned about depression and anxiety since having your baby. You don't need to go into specifics with the receptionist. You'll be glad to get this off your chest with your doctor, and begin addressing the issue. Hang in there.

Yeah :) I will.  I'm going to call.  I lost my insurance, so I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

• Options
    I'm glad you are going to call.  My son was nearly 7 months old before I was diagnosed.  I can tell you I felt a huge weight lifted off my chest simply when I made the appointment.  Just knowing that I was going to get help made me feel better.  Let us know how it goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelake919:
    imageklcl8981:
    imagelake919:

imageklcl8981:

Yeah :) I will.  I'm going to call.  I lost my insurance, so I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Sounds like we are in the exact same boat... At least with the medication, my pharmacy (which is in my supermarket) offers a savings program. So generic medications cost $10 and under. I got a 90 day supply with two refills for 10 dollars. I'm glad because I could not pay anything more...

But yea, I hope the doctor visit is something you can work out a payment plan for if it gets expensive.

• Options
    imagelake919:

My son is four months old... and these feelings aren't going away.

I thought maybe I was just stressed being a first time mom.  But, I'm extremely irritable, exhausted, anxious, cloudy, I have a hard time concentrating and remembering things, I can never sleep.

What did PPD feel like for you.  Who do I talk to?  My family dr, my OB?  

I just don't really know where to go from here.

You basically described what my PPD and PPA was like. I could never sleep but was always tired, wanted to go out but would have panic attacks if I did, etc.... Your best bet is your family doc. In my case she had a lot more experience with this and knew much more about different medications. Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"