North Carolina Babies

Bad Mommy

I was getting LO out of his carseat and bumped his head a little on the underside of the counter. Sad  He looked alright at first and then MIL was all "Ohhhhh did you bump your head????" and then he stuck his bottom lip out and went "eh-ehhhhh" like he was going to break into a full-on cry.  I bounced him a little and smiled at him and told him he was okay and not to cry. THEN he smacked me in the face and grinned.

I felt awful, but especially bad that it was in front of MIL!

Re: Bad Mommy

• Aww, don't feel bad! You're not a bad mommy. It will be the first of many bumps along the way!

Now when I accidentally do something like that, Holly will say "I sorry Holly." LOL. So yeah. I must do it quite a bit if she knows I'm going to say I'm sorry! Embarrassed

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Yeah, DS has gotten a few bumps on my watch, and DH seems to have lost confidence in me because he's over protective when he's around... Of course, I'm with DS all day, so obviously he gets more bumps with me!
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL.  Just look at my post, "You should've seen the other guy" and you won't feel so bad anymore.  It's totally normal for our LOs to get little bumps and bruises, but as moms we still feel guilty.  I know you've got a little while, but just wait till he starts walking!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OH gosh more bumps to come you'll be fine and don't let the MIL put you on the defensive.  You are a great Mommy and you've got this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"