Boston Babies
Options

Wellesley Women's Care Vs. Women's Health Assoc?

Hi all,

Brand new to these Boards but hoping some of you might have something to share about these 2 practices...I am currently 10 weeks along and was referred to WWC but my previous Dr., however then heard not so great things from a nurse that I know so she recommended WHA.  I got a less than great vibe from WHA though when I called with a question so needless to say I am hoping to gain some additonal insight from others who have dealt with these practices.  Anything you can offer--good, bad or indifferent is appreciated! 

Re: Wellesley Women's Care Vs. Women's Health Assoc?

• Options
    Hi,I just started going to Wellesley Women's after I heard good things about them. I was originally going to New England Ob/gyn but grew really frusterated with them. My friend see's Dr. Devries at WWC and I am seeing Dr. Simmons. I'll meet her for the first time tomorrow so I can let you know how that goes. I did read a few great reviews off of google about WWC too.
  • Options

I go to WWC and I LOVE them! I see Dr DeVries and she is fantastic. I also love Dr McKinnon and Dr Beatty, not a fan of dr simmons though...she and I got into a fight a few years ago and I haven't liked her since. There is also a new dr there that I haven't met yet, but I can't remember her name. I love the practice and I recommend them to everyone that asks! I also love the fact that they have an ultrasound tech and a lab right in the office, and can also get you into women's imaging (just downstairs in the hospital) the same day for an ultra sound if they are booked in the office.

just out of curiosity, what negative things did you hear about them?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!  You are putting me at ease and I so appreciate that. I actually have my intake appt. this am.  I didn't hear anything specifically negative about them rather the nurse that I know just said that they would not be one of her choices as a recommendation.  I do understand though that obviously a nurse's relationship with a Dr. is going to be quite different than that of a patient so I am def going to give them a shot.  I have my 1st Dr. appt scheduled with Dr. Beatty later this week but am considering seeing about switching to Dr. McKinnon. I have never really had a male Dr. and am not sure that I want to start with my first pregnancy although clearly he is super qualified.  I really just want a Dr. that won't make me feel stupid and will allow me to ask the millions of questions that I can only assume I will have.  Thanks again and I'm so happy to hear that you both had good experiences. 
  • Options

There was a thread awhile ago where many of us discovered we had been to WWC.  They are definitely an awesome group.   I've had personal interaction with Doloff, Beatty, Newton-Cheh and DeVries.  All of which we positive.  Loved Paula too, she's a great listener and doesn't make you feel like your questions are dumb or paranoid (even if they are).

DeVries - is my primary OB/Gyn

Beatty - I saw once because I was running a fever and my pulse and BP were being wonky.

Newton-Cheh - delivered my daughter

Doloff - did my hospital discharge

• Options
    I go to Wellesley Women's care, and I have to say I love them! My first pregnancy I delevoped HELLP syndrome, and Dr. Simmons was phenomenal during the whole process (I had an emergency c-section). I am now having my second baby in November, and they have been so thorough and caring all the way through. I have seen most dr.'s in the practice and have not had a negative experience.  The maternal fetal medicine dept (which hopefully you will not need!) is also very stong at NWH. Dr. Robinson is the dr. that runs it and has an outstanding reputation and is great with patients.
  • Options

Hey I just read your post and saw that your not a real fan of Dr. Simmons.  Would you be open to telling me why?  She is my main OB right now and I just want to make sure I should switch to McKinnon or De Vries.

Thanks!

Stephanie

• Options
    I have also been referred to Dr. Simmons and would be interested to hear how your experience this week was...
  • Options
    I see the midwives at Women's Health Associates and love them! I had a rough start with one of them, but i think it was just an off day for her and I she has taught me alot through my pregnancy. I'm surprised to hear that you didn't have a good experience when you called, I love the receptionists there.  I don't see the OB's but Dr. Raither comes highly recommended and has won numerous awards over the years (best of boston, etc).  It seems like you chose WWC but noone had chimed in about Women's Health Associates so i figured i would in case you need to revert to a plan B. Good luck!
  • Options

hi all,

i'm new to this board, but i am also curious about the person who said she had an issue with Dr. Simmons. i have been seeing Dr. Simmons for almost a year now and i have nothing but really good things to say about her...

Dx hyperprolactinemia Oct 2009, started bromocryptine Jan 2010

BFP Oct 2010 DS born June 2011

Dx galactorrhea Sept 2013

BFP Sept 2013 MC Oct 2013 D&C Nov 2013, back on bromocryptine Nov 2013

• Options

Hi all 

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've been seeing Dr. Simmons now since September and I've been really pleased with her.  She is very laid back and answers all your questions.  I would definitely highly recommend her.

Hope that helps:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"