North Carolina Babies

Shopping with an infant - how do you do it??

We've been to Target a couple times, I always just set her car seat in the buggy, which doesnt leave much room for groceries!  How else are you supposed to bring along a little baby??  I was going to carry her but she's too small for the baby bjorn, and the Moby just isnt working right.  We have a trip to Costco scheduled for tomorrow, I'd like an easier way to bring her along!
imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Shopping with an infant - how do you do it??

• i always just put whatever around the carrier in the buggy lol.  if i needed to get a lot of groceries though i needed dh to come w/me and we'd either have 2 buggys or i'd put ds in my moby wrap. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Target is the only place I found where the carseat would actually snap in the seat part.  Every other shopping cart is too small.  So I just snapped the infant carrier in the seat part at Target.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • either i use carseat attached to stroller or on the cart.  a friend had to show me how it fits where child sits.  i had been putting seat in basket.  i have seen moms pushing stroller with one hand and pulling cart with another

• Infant seat in the cart, or on the child seat, or I'd leave her at home. :-) I typically only did major grocery shopping when DH was available to keep her (I still don't grocery shop with her if I can help it!). It does get a lot easier once they're big enough to sit in the cart though.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imagecmbrown:
    Target is the only place I found where the carseat would actually snap in the seat part.  Every other shopping cart is too small.  So I just snapped the infant carrier in the seat part at Target.

Hmmm, I think I need someone to show me how that works!

• At Target and the grocery stores I can fit the infant seat in the top part of the cart where a child would sit.  But at Trader Joe's I have to put the carrier in main part of the cart and just stuff what I need around him.  At Trader Joe's this is probably best for us all!!  I am very much looking forward to when he can sit in the seat.
  • imageBensBride2006:
    At Target and the grocery stores I can fit the infant seat in the top part of the cart where a child would sit.  But at Trader Joe's I have to put the carrier in main part of the cart and just stuff what I need around him.  At Trader Joe's this is probably best for us all!!  I am very much looking forward to when he can sit in the seat.

At what age will they sit in the seat?

• When they can sit up, they can sit in the cart, especially with one of those cart cover things.  With Natalie, sometimes I need to put a blanket in there with her because she's relatively tiny..particularly at BJs with their huge carts! :)  We just started this recently, close to 7 months.
    Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • I have a snap n go and I usually put the small basket hanging over the handle of the stroller...and then when that's full I'll put stuff int he bottom basket and if he's sleeping some smaller items near his feet...lol.  I have put the car seat on top of the shopping cart and it never seems to fit right and I ended up with one hand on it at all times because it would slide a little.  I decided that I would stop doing it because I just didn't think it was safe.  I have an ergo also with an infant insert and I would take DS into Target with it so I had free hands to shop and push the cart.  I can't wait to put DS IN the cart in a month or so...he's sitting up for few seconds now on his own...and we have one of those highchair/shopping cart covers.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageleonawfu98:
    When they can sit up, they can sit in the cart, especially with one of those cart cover things.  With Natalie, sometimes I need to put a blanket in there with her because she's relatively tiny..particularly at BJs with their huge carts! :)  We just started this recently, close to 7 months.

Embarrassed I had no idea it was that long until they could sit in the cart!

• imagelaceysmom82:

imageleonawfu98:
    When they can sit up, they can sit in the cart, especially with one of those cart cover things.  With Natalie, sometimes I need to put a blanket in there with her because she's relatively tiny..particularly at BJs with their huge carts! :)  We just started this recently, close to 7 months.

DS is 7 months now and we had not tried sitting in the cart.  Just within the last few weeks has he started sitting really good, so I think we will start this weekend when we go out.  I have a cart cover and plan to use a blanket since he is also really small.

• imageBensBride2006:
    imagelaceysmom82:

imageleonawfu98:

DS is 7 months now and we had not tried sitting in the cart.  Just within the last few weeks has he started sitting really good, so I think we will start this weekend when we go out.  I have a cart cover and plan to use a blanket since he is also really small.

Good luck trying it out this weekend.  Annabelle is pretty small too, I'd like to try her in the baby bjorn or Moby but I think she's just too small still for them.  I think for our trip to Costco tomorrow we'll just have to get 2 buggys or I might try the moby....we'll see...

• Hey, girl! At Target and Walmart, I expand the shopping cart seat, then set my infant seat on that with the baby facing me. The infant seat almost has DS sitting almost straight up when it feels most securely attached/balanced on top. It may be that some infant seat bottoms fit better. We have the Chicco Keyfit. It works but isn't the most secure. Like a pp said, at a store where I am browsing, or has smaller carts, I bring the snap & go stroller. DS sometimes 'carries' my purchases in his lap. GL with the Moby. I wish I tried that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"