North Carolina Babies
Options

Fruits

We have been trying to transition DS off of baby foods and the one thing he is really struggling with is fruits. I'm assuming it has something to do with the texture,  but he won't eat them unless they are baby food style. Any suggestions? We've tried eating them and then when he asks, give him some, which normally works like a charm...but not with fruit. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

TIA!

Re: Fruits

• Options
    Will he eat applesauce? Or a really ripe banana? I would start with those. Caleb used to eat a lot of canned fruit, I think its softer than fresh fruit. I always rinsed them off before giving him any.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    How are you trying to give them to him?  It was really hard with Aiden too.  With banannas, he would only eat them if we gave him large chuncks.  That is how he saw us eat them, so that is the only way he would eat them too.  Grapes, we cut in half.  Other pieces of fruit we cut up super small (diced).  This is about the only thing that has worked for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebecki777:
    Will he eat applesauce? Or a really ripe banana? I would start with those. Caleb used to eat a lot of canned fruit, I think its softer than fresh fruit. I always rinsed them off before giving him any.

I started with bananas and grapes cut up and tried some peaches today from a can but it's like he eats a bite and spits it back out.

• Options
    Just keep trying.  Aiden had a "texture" thing for a while.  He eventually got over it.  You just have to keep trying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking applesauce and a ripe banana too.  Just keep the bites really small.  We didn't do a whole lot of fruits at first either.  We mainly stuck with veggies in the beginning and she got a cereal bar every once in a while (which has a tiny bit of fruit).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, just keep on offering it. He'll get it eventually. We did a lot of canned fruits at first too. I think for awhile, the only fresh fruit she was getting was bananas. Have you tried mandarin oranges?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"