Postpartum Depression
Options

Diagnosis confirmed...new here

Hi Everyone,

I was just diagnosed with PPD yesterday by my therapist.  I was diagnosed with PP anxiety shortly after DS was born.  A few weeks before Christmas things started to spiral down, and I hit "rock bottom"  about 10 days ago.  I have been seeing this therapist since fall 2009 after I had a miscarriage.

I've been on Zoloft since November 2009, and my dosage is slowly creeping up.  I started on 50 mg, now I'm on 100 mg, and at the suggestion of my therapist and hopefully in concert with my OB, I'll go up to 150 mg. 

Right now we are doing CBT for some body image issues that I'm having with regards to my PP body, and also lots of talking about some guilt that I have regarding some thoughts around DS's birth (I can't even still really bring myself to talk about it openly). 

Although I always knew that I was at risk for PPD due to prior depression and the mild PTSD I had after my m/c, I have to say that I am upset with myself that I have PPD.  I know this is unrealistic, but I feel like a failure and I am embarrassed.  I am hoping that with the increase in meds and more frequent therapy that I won't feel like this anymore...right now I hate my body, I am upset with myself regarding those guilty feelings, I feel like a failure and I am embarrassed.

TY for reading if you got this far!!!

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

Re: Diagnosis confirmed...new here

• Options
    Feels strange to say it, but welcome.  You will find a lot of support here.  I hope that the increased zoloft will do the trick for you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there, I'm new too.  Our babies were born on the same day :-) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm new here also. You aren't a failure and you shouldn't feel embarrassed, A LOT of people have PPD. It's good you can talk about it openly. It took me awhile to admit that I was depressed. As for the body image issues, it is totally normal to not be happy with your body after having a baby. I don't know very many people who are happy with how they look postpartum, so know you're not alone.

I hope the increase of meds works out for you.

• Options
    I agree.  We should all try to not be embarrassed.  I think I read 1 in 10 women get it!

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"