Houston Babies

Dropped his bottles...ummm

Kolby is almost 7 months and we are doing three meals a day.  We have been working on this for about a week.  Usually a bottle, breakfast, 1/2 bottle, lunch, other 1/2 bottle, dinner and then a bottle and maybe 4oz before bed.  The last two days he dropped his 2 bottles during the day completely...didn't want anything to do with them.  Not sure what to think about this.  I am making all his food and we are doing formula, but I am at a lost.  I wasn't expecting the complete drop of two bottles.  Is it just a phase and he will pick them up if he needs them?  Finding a routine is difficult because it changes daily.  One morning he wanted his bottle first, this morning he wanted his food first.

Re: Dropped his bottles...ummm

• I think 3 meals a day at his age may be too much. DD was 9 months when we went to 3 a day. Our pedi insisted BM (or formula) was to be her main source of nurtrition until 1 year. At her 9 month appt, she wasn't taking enough (20 oz a day) so we make sure she gets that daily now. She went through a phase of only wanting food so I cut out a few meals for a bit until she got up to 20 oz a day.

I give her a bottle and then give her meal 30 minutes later so that she is plenty hungry for her bottle again. If she doesn't finish all her food it isn't as a big a deal to me (but usually she does). 

• imagecali_girl92504:

I think 3 meals a day at his age may be too much. DD was 9 months when we went to 3 a day. Our pedi insisted BM (or formula) was to be her main source of nurtrition until 1 year. At her 9 month appt, she wasn't taking enough (20 oz a day) so we make sure she gets that daily now. She went through a phase of only wanting food so I cut out a few meals for a bit until she got up to 20 oz a day.

I give her a bottle and then give her meal 30 minutes later so that she is plenty hungry for her bottle again. If she doesn't finish all her food it isn't as a big a deal to me (but usually she does). 

I will try this.  Maybe that is the issue I went to fast.  Thanks Caligirl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"