LGBT Parenting

NT screening and Wifes B day

Today we go in for our NT Screen (Nuchal Translucencty screening )

we will meet with a geneticist.  Anyone have any tips?

I will be 13weeks Thursday.  Its going to be a long Dr.s Appointment as per the Dr

and this is how we will spend Wifes B day !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: NT screening and Wifes B day

• No tips as we skipped all of the screenings.

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday! and Good Luck!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had a NT - but not a meeting with the genetic counselor. The maternal-fetal med doc just told us things looked good.

good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We did neither with our first and both with this pregnancy. The NT took 3 tries to get the baby in the right position, but once he/she was there the tech told us quickly that everything looked good. She also gave a million pictures, which was fun ;) A blood draw and weight later we were sent home and got a letter in the mail with our new risk odds. 

We went to the genetic counselor earlier in the pregnancy because of my family history. It was about an hour appointment in which we just went through my family tree for genetic issues. She took a lot of notes and told us that the main issues that we had been concerned about were not big red flags to her. She suggested a couple options for testing re hemophilia (I may be a carrier) and we opted for the least invasive (testing the baby at birth if it is a boy).  It was, on the whole, a very reassuring appointment.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • THANKS FOR THE B DAY WISHES !

The Scan was awesome saw so much - pictures galore. even saw the blood flowing through the umbilical cord ( never knew you could see that )  Saw all the chambers of the heart and the brain sections .... The fold was measuring correctly and now we wait for blood work ... Being 35 we are at a higher risk so we will see what the blood says.  On the Multiples board they all said be careful of false positive and we know about them and will deal with the results when we get them.

It was an awesome day now we have to wait 3 weeks to see them again !

- Jay and Melanie  

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"