San Diego Babies

infant daycare??!!

Does anyone in san diego have suggestions for day care centers, or an in home day care provider who has availability for a 12 week infant to start in May?
Our original day care plan is starting to fall through, so now we are trying to find a day care who can take an infant starting in May and not having much luck since that is only 5 months away, and most infant wait lists seem to be about 12 months these days?!!!! If so please let me know that, and the cost. It seems the average cost here is $60 a day for infant care, is this correct? This is our first baby and all of our friends with babies are out of state, or have SAHM so we are slightly out of the loop here.
Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: infant daycare??!!

• I used to work at a KinderCare and they have un amazing program.  I dont know how long the wait is but I give them a thumps up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you thought about sharing a nanny?  We tried several daycares and honestly, I wasn't that happy with any of them.  I found another couple looking to split a nanny on Craigslist that we share with so there's 2 babies for one nanny and we each end up paying less than we would at a daycare where most ratios are 4:1.  It has been invaluable in my opinion.  Just a thought!!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, out of curiosity, where did you look on craigslist to find the nanny sharing couple? Thanks!
  • Hi, we had the same issue with the other day care centers we found as well, our plans fell through also. A few months ago, we looked into kindercare.  I have to admit, so far they appear to be the best. Check out your local center.  Good luck!
  • You can get child care referrals from YMCA Childcare Resource Service.  I know that a lot of centers that take infants can have waiting lists but you should be able to find a place with three months notice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"