Working Moms
Options

Good grad gift for someone getting MBA/masters?

I have a masters but didn't really get a lot of gifts & whatnot except from my parents b/c I did it right after college & didn't have a party or anything...SIL is finishing her MBA and my mom & I are trying to think of good gift ideas for her. Bro is throwing her a party & getting her a nice laptop briefcase and my mom just gave her spa gift cert for xmas...

anyone get anything they loved when they got their masters/MBA?

Thanks! 

Re: Good grad gift for someone getting MBA/masters?

• Options
    A spa gift certificate, since she'll finally have time to go!
  • Options

imageRoxyLynn:
    A spa gift certificate, since she'll finally have time to go!

unfortunately we just did that for xmas AND her favorite spa in her town just closed, argh!!!! My mom is looking into montblanc pens but I'm still kinda at a loss...  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I always wanted a nice frame for my masters.  It's a crowning achievement - you should show it off nicely :)

https://www.universityframes.com/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Money or a nice bag for work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really liked getting clothing gift cards to purchase new interview wear. New professional bag, diploma frame, something from the alumni store. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What did she study? Will she need to pay for membership to a local trade organization or professional association, etc.? That would make a great gift. Also subscriptions to trade magazines, or a gift card to a printing place and a nice presentation/portfolio case would be nice for running resumes around town!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEmilia0101:
    I really liked getting clothing gift cards to purchase new interview wear. New professional bag, diploma frame, something from the alumni store. 

Clothing gift cards were my favorite grad gift. 

• Options

How about a case for her business cards?  I have seen cute feminine ones at Mori and Nordstrom's or you could do a classic silver one and get it engraved.

It's a classy touch IMO and looks better than digging a card out of a wallet.

ETA: If you want to make it a bigger gift, you could always slip a gift card for clothes in there as well.

• Options

My parents framed my diploma in an awesome frame from my university.  FAVORITE gift by far.

My brother gave me a vera bradley bag with my initials on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just got my MBA in December. My parents gave me money, DH gave me a Coach purse (I've never had a fancy purse), and in-laws gave me some James Avery earrings. I personally would not want someone buying me one of the alumni/university store diploma frames. I already had one picked out to match the other diploma frames in our home office. What about a nice new laptop bag/purse?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"