Natural Birth

positive stories about natural birth with android pelvis' please...

hi ladies...

i'm a lurker with another question.  i'm planning a natural birth using hypnobirthing.  my instructor has instructed me (lol) to only listen to positive natural birth stories... my baby is listening after all :)

anyways, at my last ob appt, the doc brought up the fact that i have an android pelvis (again).

i'm starting to get a bit freaked out about it even though i'm trying to remind myself that my baby is the perfect size for my body.

anyone have any positive natural android pelvis birth stories to share?

thanks,

barce

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: positive stories about natural birth with android pelvis' please...

• Here's a crazy birth story I read awhile back from mothering.com... A 10 pound baby!

https://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1199087/dream-vbac-happened-mason-alexander 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I ended up getting an epidural at 55 hours into my 63 hour labor, so my birth was not "natural" but I do consider it a "low-intervention" birth because the epidural was part of the path of least intervention. (For various reasons, an epi became the best path to avoid a CS.)

I do not know the shape of my pelvis, but apparently it is one of the "problematic" ones. Honestly, no dr had ever had a problem with the shape of my pelvis but the one who delivered me. Even my normal OB never even mentioned anything to me. Yet, during labor this horribly negative dr told me that LO would never be able to come out vaginally--I was too small, my pelvis was the wrong shape, he was OP, etc. I succumbed some to her negativity, unfortunately, and let it get me down. But in the end LO did come out and that dr was SHOCKED.

Don't psych yourself out. Remember that drs have all different opinions on these sorts of things and remember that women have been doing this for ages without even knowing the shape of their pelvis. All you can do is give it your best shot and work hard for what you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"