3rd Trimester

I held a baby last week, so send me your questions...

2»

Re: I held a baby last week, so send me your questions...

• imagebuffyanne02:

Dolly thanks you.

She's soooo cute!  I love pits....and her outfit rocks!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • omg i usually dont respond to a lot of posts, but this is HYSTERICAL!!!  I get asked a lot of stupid questions being a nurse, but some of these are classic. 

OK, so quick question about my mucus plug (i know, TMI!!) Is it normal for it to be so...gross?? I was expecting glitter or butterflies to come out. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary     thttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/heartnurse06/settings/avatar/index#ickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebuffyanne02:
    imagecampbell16g:
    imageLovingBaz:
    imagecampbell16g:
    imagebuffyanne02:
    imagecampbell16g:

I held a kitten yesterday....ask me all your vet questions, as I am the expert now...

Stick out tongue

Thank God there's a vet in the house! My pitbull may or may not have sleep apnea. She snores, even when she's awake. Should I get her a night time respirator?

Are you sure you're not breastfeeding her with Baz's gianormous boobies?? 

God I hope not..that would be awkward.

haha!  And painfull, I would think!  As the in-house vet, I don't recommend it. However, if you get a little breastmilk and squirt it in her nose, she'll stop snoring for good!  You're welcome.  Please come again.

Dolly thanks you.

ZMOG Buffy look out! Your dog is one of those zebra eating hyena's.

::points to post above::

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• imageheartnurse06:

omg i usually dont respond to a lot of posts, but this is HYSTERICAL!!!  I get asked a lot of stupid questions being a nurse, but some of these are classic. 

OK, so quick question about my mucus plug (i know, TMI!!) Is it normal for it to be so...gross?? I was expecting glitter or butterflies to come out. 

Your MP should have unicorns fly out of it when you release it.  If this does not happen, you need to get to L&D as quickly as possible.  The unicorns may or may not crap glitter when they fly out, so do not worry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebuffyanne02:
    imagemandaree:
    imagebuffyanne02:
    imagecampbell16g:
    imageLovingBaz:
    imagecampbell16g:
    imagebuffyanne02:
    imagecampbell16g:

I held a kitten yesterday....ask me all your vet questions, as I am the expert now...

Stick out tongue

Thank God there's a vet in the house! My pitbull may or may not have sleep apnea. She snores, even when she's awake. Should I get her a night time respirator?

Are you sure you're not breastfeeding her with Baz's gianormous boobies?? 

God I hope not..that would be awkward.

haha!  And painfull, I would think!  As the in-house vet, I don't recommend it. However, if you get a little breastmilk and squirt it in her nose, she'll stop snoring for good!  You're welcome.  Please come again.

Dolly thanks you.

ZMOG Buffy look out! Your dog is one of those zebra eating hyena's.

::points to post above::

WTF is ZMOG? One of those hippy-dippy country radio stations in Portland?!

She does sort of have a hungry look in her eyes...

You're such a heartless b*tch.

::runs off crying::

• imageLovingBaz:
    Why is my right boob producing almost 2x the milk of the left, AND since they are so big now do I need to worry about smothering my daughter? Should I just switch to formula?

Formula feeding is the devil's creation. You should hire that mom of the 8mo old to be your wet nurse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I fell asleep and the nurses gave my baby formula! Now she is projectile vomiting pea soup, her head is spinning and she is talking in tongues. What should I do?
  • imagebehrenfried:
    I fell asleep and the nurses gave my baby formula! Now she is projectile vomiting pea soup, her head is spinning and she is talking in tongues. What should I do?

She may have to be sent back to the baby factory to be repaired.

Tell me you got the warranty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG, you HAVE to SUE SUE SUE!!!!  
  • This thread is amazing. And just what I needed after subbing today.

I have two cats.  And I heard that they are going to smother my baby - I am assuming with a blanket or pillow of some kind.  What can I do to combat their baby hatred?  I can see them plotting when staring at my belly already...  

• imagemandaree:

Why is this board so snarky?!?

You are all meanie poo poo heads. I hope that my post has made you see the error of your ways.

P.S. I feel sorry for your husbands.

being snarky is fun 

• imageSheas:
    imageheartnurse06:

omg i usually dont respond to a lot of posts, but this is HYSTERICAL!!!  I get asked a lot of stupid questions being a nurse, but some of these are classic. 

Your MP should have unicorns fly out of it when you release it.  If this does not happen, you need to get to L&D as quickly as possible.  The unicorns may or may not crap glitter when they fly out, so do not worry.

THANK YOU!! I didnt know whether to wait and call my OB in the morning, or just to ask a bunch of random people over the computer.  I really hope the unicorns dont make a glittery mess all over my bathroom.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary     thttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/heartnurse06/settings/avatar/index#ickers
  • Thank you ladies, I needed this!

• you know what cracks me up all these people saying how mean we are when we are just being honest... and they say honesty is the best policy.... to me i would rather someone be hurtfully honest than lie to me to spare my feelings... 
  • This post is FULL of win! I'm so glad I checked the bump before leaving work today! My long drive home will be a lot happier Smile
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Wait wait wait, is it true that my va jay jay will be huge and never go back to normal so my H will not be able to feel it anymore? Or can I ask the doctor to put in the extra stitch so I am "17" again? I was just SO embarrassed to ask my doctor!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStellarStina26:

This thread is amazing. And just what I needed after subbing today.

I have two cats.  And I heard that they are going to smother my baby - I am assuming with a blanket or pillow of some kind.  What can I do to combat their baby hatred?  I can see them plotting when staring at my belly already...  

Two words: breathable bumpers.

• I am too achy and cranky to come up with anything clever today (my Braxton and Hicks pic find in that thread was about as good as I can do right now), so I will simply say I totally have grown to love you girlies. I am cheering you all with fingernail of feta. Stick out tongue

Photobucket
  • imagemandaree:
    imageStellarStina26:

This thread is amazing. And just what I needed after subbing today.

Two words: breathable bumpers.

Oh good.  And here I thought the easiest option would be to get rid of my furbabies because of the hassle.   

• imagek_renee:

Um, so, where is my baby's umbillical cord attached to me?? Like.... does it go from his belly button to my belly button? Because I think he pulls on it sometimes and it makes my outie go back in....

Well, according to my son, you can in fact push your belly button back in.  And he knows for sure.  He has 4 years of experience and has a belly button of his own.  That makes him an expert.

• First.. I am so glad this was the first post I read on the third tri board. Second I hate to burst anyones bubble BUT I watch Teen Mom so I am the ultimate parenting expert. Third... When you sh*t the placenta, you should save it just in case.
  • I am sewing mine into a baby carrier.
  • imagekentuckymomma26:
    I am sewing mine into a baby carrier.

I'm just gonna eat mine right there. Raw. Like sushi!

• I really hope you ladies are ALL around after babies arrive b/c I really don't know what I would do w/o your posts! I love them!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"