Military Families

S/O AF AD moms/moms to be

When can you start wearing your own black pants to PT?  I know 28 weeks for tennis shoes in uniform (but thats built into the waiver now) 
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: S/O AF AD moms/moms to be

• When I was pg, I wore my husband's pt pants.  I never wore tennis shoes in uniform, so I can't help you out there. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never heard of this.  I'd say buy bigger pants or shorts.   But then again I don't get on duty PT time, so I go on my own wearing what I want.  I wish I had on duty PT time.  I also didn't know that the shoe waiver was built into the 469...

• Loading the player...
  • I just spent some time looking through 36-2903 and the PT AFI and I didn't see anything about wearing your own black pants to PT. 

AFI 36-2903

Note  2. Shorts will be worn with t-shirt. The lining in the PT shorts may be removed, however, do not modify the other PT items such as sleeve removal. Spandex shorts and legging (navy blue or black) may be worn under PT shorts (full length leggings may be worn during cold weather periods).

Note 18. There is no mandated maternity PT while participating in formations, unit activities, similar official events, and when mission/safety dictates.

• Crap I can't even find my waiver now and my head PTL is TDY right now.  Maybe its at home.  And I want to say the women at the HAWC who administered my waiver told me about the black pants.  Either way, no one in my unit will say anything if I show up to PT in black pants. 
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I just wore regular PT shirts and shorts until past 30 weeks, then I switched to my own workout gear.  It wasn't written in my profile anywhere, but there was just no way I could wear regular PT gear anymore.  Even in bigger sizes, it looked ridiculous.  No one said a word to me.  Our whole group has PT at the same time, and I've noticed that most, if not all, pregnant women switch to civlian workout clothes somewhere near the end of their pregnancies. 
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You may want to check with your 1st Sgt and see if there's a base/squadron specific addition to the AFI before you do anything.

I was never permitted to wear civilian clothes and would have been considered out of uniform if I had. I just wore my usual pt shorts with the waistband rolled down, and bought one larger shirt that I was allowed to wear untucked. No big deal, and it fit right up until I delivered.

As far as I'm aware, black pants are always authorized with the standard PT gear anyway, so I wore those under and then just fudged with the pt shorts until they were relatively comfy.

It did look absurd, but the pt gear looks like crap on 95% of the AF population anyway, so I didn't sweat it too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"