LGBT Parenting
Options

**Mrs._F**

What car seat did you decide on?  I was really hoping to keep JB in the SnugRide32 until spring but it doesn't look like we will make it.  How would a 32lb baby fit in that? She is by no means close to the weight limit but she is long and the straps are getting tight. 

Anyway....I've done some research and my local board seems to have a discussion on this daily.  So I'm just curious what car seat got your vote.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Mrs._F**

• Options

We ended up going with the Evenflo Triumph, based mostly on Consumer Reports.  We also considered the Graco MyRide 65.  I liked the Cosco Scenera, because of the low price and great crash test results, but we wanted a seat with a higher weight limit for our giant child, who is now in size 18mos clothes Smile

I ended up ordering from TRU because they had $25 off if you used PayPal and free shipping.

We have the same infant seat as you - I feel like Henry might have made it to the weight limit if it was summer and he wasn't in bulky clothes and a coat.  He still fits if he's wearing his fleece, but with his winter coat, I can barely get him buckled!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs._F:

We ended up going with the Evenflo Triumph,

Thats what we have for RB and i love it

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs._F:

We ended up going with the Evenflo Triumph, based mostly on Consumer Reports.  We also considered the Graco MyRide 65.  I liked the Cosco Scenera, because of the low price and great crash test results, but we wanted a seat with a higher weight limit for our giant child, who is now in size 18mos clothes Smile

I ended up ordering from TRU because they had $25 off if you used PayPal and free shipping.

We have the same infant seat as you - I feel like Henry might have made it to the weight limit if it was summer and he wasn't in bulky clothes and a coat.  He still fits if he's wearing his fleece, but with his winter coat, I can barely get him buckled!

Just to throw in my two cents lol...we got two of these. I liked their ratings and we had to have two as I drop off and Ann picks up and having to keep re-installing it would be a bear so the low price made it much more affordable! Of course Ky is on the low end of the weight spectrum so I figure she should make it to the limit before and upgrade is needed.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am going to pop in and say that we got the britax boulevard we have the click safe (which I think is rf 45lbs and ff 65lbs) and we have the britax boulevard 70 (same fr weight and ff to 70lbs)  We got them both on sale from amazon the click safe was really cheap because I picked a retired pattern.  We really like them.  At the rate E is going E will be rear facing in kidergarten (still about 21lbs)!    Brit I think Henry may oficially be bigger than my peanut!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagectbride08:
    imageMrs._F:

We ended up going with the Evenflo Triumph,

Thats what we have for RB and i love it

Nice! Waiting for it to arrive in the mail as we speak!

imagessg73:

Brit I think Henry may oficially be bigger than my peanut!

21 lbs? Indeed he is.  He'll get weighed at the doc in a couple weeks, but I know for sure he's at least 22.  At this rate, he's going to be taller than me by 3rd grade!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We have the triumph in Carols car and the Britax marathon in my car. Annie is still rear facing in both seats and quite comforable.

Seeme wierd to think I will probably be turning her in a couple of months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had 2 Sceneras as extra seats (in L's car and in our nanny's car and for travel - they are awesome for travel) and I thought they were a PITA to install with the LATCH. They are easier to install with the seatbelt.  And I think the straps were very twisty. The weight limit (well, the model we got 4y ago) in them is 40lbs and Carter hit that about his 4th birthday.

We got Graco Nautilus's for replacement seats. They are relatively easy to install, the straps do get twisted sometimes, but they go from a forward facing 5 pt harness to a high back booster, to a backless booster - so they are the last seats we will have to buy for L's car.

We have 2 Britax Marathons for our primary seats (in my van) and I love those things. Very easy to install, straps never get twisted. They've been in them since 5m and have a long way to go in them (at nearly 5y Gray is only 33lbs!)

Honestly, we have about 3-4y left in car seats. I CANNOT wait to be done. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"