North Carolina Babies
Options

So... bras?

Hi you guys! Long time no post :)  I've been crazy finishing up my last semester of school & taking care of my ONE YEAR OLD. I lurk time to time, so I'm still keeping up mostly.

Anyway, I don't want to jinx anything but we are weaning her off breastfeeding. No nursing at all yesterday! I'm pretty psyched we did the 1 year I wanted to do and I'm also really excited to stop. I thought I'd be a ball of mixed emotions, but for now I'm just really excited :)

Anyway, now I need bras. Because those nursing tanks were fun for a year but I'm ready to have a real bra again, and DH promised me some new ones as a Christmas gift. Where do you get good bras these days? Victoria's Secret, or somewhere else? I'll def need it to be a brick & mortar store since I want someone to measure me and try on different models. (I know bra shopping is most people's idea of the worst kind of shopping, and it used to be mine, but I'm so excited to be rejoining the world of normal bra wearing!)

Re: So... bras?

• Options
    I've heard great things about the bra patch off old wake forest road.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a friend that swears by the bras at Soma.  They have a location at Cary Town Center and Southpoint. 

I usually buy from Victoria's Secret, but lately it doesn't seem like the quality is very good.  The last one I bought didn't seem to last very long. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was so excited to find a new bra after nursing (go you!).  I went to Belk and the sales person helped me find a great supportive, comfortable and shaping bra.  I swear by the "Lilyette Dream Tailored... something" bra (here's a link to Kohls).  I've bought 3!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagealm0407:

I have a friend that swears by the bras at Soma.  They have a location at Cary Town Center and Southpoint. 

I usually buy from Victoria's Secret, but lately it doesn't seem like the quality is very good.  The last one I bought didn't seem to last very long. 

Ditto this. I love Soma! I have a coupon you can have if you want it. They can be a bit pricey but I think the quality is soooo much better than VS. And they are more comfortable to wear IMO.

• Options

I like the Bra Patch, Nordstrom, and J. Alanes.  I don't like VS at all.  I feel like they'll size you and if you wear a size they don't carry, they'll squeeze you into what they have.  Plus the quality seems to have gone way down.

• Options
    imageluckygirl0818:

I like the Bra Patch, Nordstrom, and J. Alanes.  I don't like VS at all.  I feel like they'll size you and if you wear a size they don't carry, they'll squeeze you into what they have.  Plus the quality seems to have gone way down.

Ditto this. I wear a 32C which VS doesn't carry. They always try to sell me a 34B even after I explain that I don't buy their bras for that reason.

I always have luck in department stores (love Calvin Klein bras) and also think GAP Body at Southpoint has some good ones. They don't size you though. Have fun shopping!

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemoobug:
    imageluckygirl0818:

Ditto this. I wear a 32C which VS doesn't carry. They always try to sell me a 34B even after I explain that I don't buy their bras for that reason.

I always have luck in department stores (love Calvin Klein bras) and also think GAP Body at Southpoint has some good ones. They don't size you though. Have fun shopping!

I wear a 32C too and I've gotten it at VS a few times before.  (Maybe they stopped carrying that size?....that sucks).  In fact, they even sized me for a 32D one time which I thought was absurd.  There's no way I'm a D.  I could NOT wait to wear a "normal" bra again after I BF.  I went to VS, but I think next time that I'll go somewhere else.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas! MrsN, I'd love that Soma coupon if you don't mind! :)
  • Options

I'm jumping in late, but definitely get professionally fitted. When I had it done, I was a totally different size than what I had been wearing for years! Once I put on the "right" size it was amazing the difference made - gave me a whole new figure. Anyway, I had it done at Dillards at Cary Towne Center and the lady was great. - Side note: she said they have to take classes/get certified to learn how to properly fit women for bras. Who knew that much went into it?

She recommended the Wacoal brand, and I really like them. They're pricey but are comfortable and hold up really well - no pun intended :).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"