July 2011 Moms

Lingerie fail

Every now and again I like to put on some sexy lingerie for DH to feel sexy and get in the mood. Last night, I quickly nixed that idea when my boobs refused to fit into every single piece I own. I looked pretty ridiculous. Is there such a thing as maternity lingerie? Or would you just buy bigger sizes? I don't use it every single time, but sometimes it's nice. Doesn't have to be super sexy looking either now that I have a belly going on, but even a nice satiny type short nightgown would do.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lingerie fail

• I'm not sure if there is maternity lingerie or not, but I just got a Frederick's of Hollywood catalog in the mail and yeah, I'm definitely NOT putting any of that on any time soon!  Plus, I think my boobs are too huge for normal sizes anymore!
  • imageJessandIgli:
    Every now and again I like to put on some sexy lingerie for DH to feel sexy and get in the mood. Last night, I quickly nixed that idea when my boobs refused to fit into every single piece I own. I looked pretty ridiculous. Is there such a thing as maternity lingerie? Or would you just buy bigger sizes? I don't use it every single time, but sometimes it's nice. Doesn't have to be super sexy looking either now that I have a belly going on, but even a nice satiny type short nightgown would do.

I have found some maternity lingerie, but it's not very attractive and it's super expensive!  I had good luck at Fredericks of Hollywood...they have some F-cup styles (babydolls) and although some stuff is a little over the top, they do have some nice options. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagejessh1221:
    I'm not sure if there is maternity lingerie or not, but I just got a Frederick's of Hollywood catalog in the mail and yeah, I'm definitely NOT putting any of that on any time soon!  Plus, I think my boobs are too huge for normal sizes anymore!

THe catalog is horrible...they keep all the normal stuff hidden online!

• Great Post! I am in the market for Valentine's Day lingerie. I think I am going to go with a baby doll nightie. Wouldn't feel sexy in much else right now.
  • I've had good luck with Adam and Eve in the past.  I'm very busty and it only got worse while I was bfing DD.  A&E has some things that offer great coverage (I have the pinstriped babydoll and it's got underwire in the bra part).  Also they ALWAYS have some sort of 50% code.

However, be prepared for catalogs in the mail unless you unsubscribe to their list.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCandacePM:
    Great Post! I am in the market for Valentine's Day lingerie. I think I am going to go with a baby doll nightie. Wouldn't feel sexy in much else right now.

That is what I got myself for Xmas.

And with DS when I got real big I suprised DH by putting on an outfit he had gotten me pre-pg. It had a top that tied together in the front (which my boobs had been too small for pre-pg) and my huge belly was there in all it's glory. I couldn't keep a straight face when I walked in the room!

• imageglmorgan03:

imageJessandIgli:

I have found some maternity lingerie, but it's not very attractive and it's super expensive!  I had good luck at Fredericks of Hollywood...they have some F-cup styles (babydolls) and although some stuff is a little over the top, they do have some nice options. 

I am in an F cup now, and I found some nice options there.  But then again, when your boobs are in an F-cup... does DH REALLY need you to put on lingerie?  Lol  ;)

I'd probably get some of their pretty bras (that come in large sizes), matching panties, and some thigh-highs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok...this is going to sound odd. But in one of the 'parenting/baby' magazines the Dr. gave me when I went there there was an add for nursing lingerie....same as maternity. I haven't checked it out...but I laugh at the name....

hotmilklingerie.com

Let me know what you think...I just think its a funny name

• imagejlpowers82:

Ok...this is going to sound odd. But in one of the 'parenting/baby' magazines the Dr. gave me when I went there there was an add for nursing lingerie....same as maternity. I haven't checked it out...but I laugh at the name....

hotmilklingerie.com

Let me know what you think...I just think its a funny name

Oh, one of my GFs was showing me that... and a lot of the stuff is super cute but the name... so weird!!

• OMG, I tried this a couple weeks back and I was almost unable to get the lingerie OFF of me!! LOL My boobs looked good in it, though overflowing, but I looked like a lard in it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• The name sounds so funny haha. I think maybe going with a babydoll would be safe and not make me look like a cow. It was funny cause last night I was frustrated and threw all of it in a heap, got under the blankets naked and called for DH to come upstairs lol. Whatever works I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"