Birth Stories

Nail polish during labor?

I have had surgery a few times and know that you cannot wear nail polish on your toes, but even though labor isn't surgery I'm wondering if the same thing is true?

This sounds like a silly question but I was planning to have everyone "done" before I have to let it all go!

Re: Nail polish during labor?

• I had a c/s with a nice new pedicure and no problem.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had several surgeries and have never been told no polish on our toes. Also 2 c-sections (1 emergency so even if it were a problem they wouldn't have timet o do anything) and never been told no toe nail polish. For my surgeries I was told before hand no finger nail polish as they can't get the little O2 monitors to work right that way.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got a pedicure a few days before I went into labor. It's not a problem.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had toe nail polish on. And they didn't make me remove it.

I actually had my toes painted for in-out patient surgery and they didn't make me take my polish off then. I actually had socks on and I don't think they even looked at my feet. 

• My nail polish was chipped on my toes and I wish I had touched it up. I had a vaginal delivery and no one said anything so I'm sure it's fine.
  • I painted my finger and toenails a few days before my induction. I was glad that I did!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"