Oregon Babies

preschools

DS will be 3 in the fall and we'd like to enroll him in preschool but I am so overwhelmed. I don't even know where to begin the process of finding a place (we're in W. Beaverton). Does anyone have any tips? Places they've heard are great/horrible, online resources to help me research places, anything like that? Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: preschools

• and by 'places they've heard of' I mean places you've heard of! Apparently my eyes glaze over when I type about preschools, not just when I hear about them
  • I know the great preschool off Cornell close to Tanasbourne. It is called Young Learners Preschool, the Directors name is Cindy and all of the Teachers there are just wonderful! Here is there Number, you can call and schedule a time to go in and check it out! (503) 645-9292. I used to nanny for 2 children that went there and I still go and visit cause I made friends with them all and they love to see my daughter. Good Luck and hope this helps!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I have heard good things about Sunshine Montessori on Murray.
  • I don't know anything about specific schools in that area, but I can tell you that once you visit a few schools you'll know what you like.  Schools often look the same on a website, but once you get inside, the same philosophies are carried out very differently.  My suggestion is to go to a few open houses or arrange tours. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have worked in many daycares. They all are very different. I suggest you get a list of questions going that you have and goals you have for you child, then find come places that fit your budget in the area and make an appointment for a tour. I know it can be overwhelming, but you will feel better once you get in there for a tour and get to know their philosophy. Hope that helps!
  • thanks for the tips. I'm slowly building a list of places to check out, though I'm still having a hard time feeling like I'm finding all the ones near us. I wish they all had websites! But dang, preschool is apparently freakin' expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"