Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

*newbie*Anyone use Dr.Robert Kaufmann and was successful?

I am in the Ft Worth area and have been with Dr.K since July of last year I have done 4 injects/iui cycles with him and had early loss with the first 2 injects/iui cycles had the multiple loss panel and everything was OK except I have one copy of MTHFR and I was told it was no big deal I just take Fabb Tab for a supplement for my B's and Folic Acid. I am 37 going on 38 I have had a lap done in December 08 because I had a VERY large cyst on my right ovary and I had it drained and that was with my OB/GYN Dr.Carrington... was told everything was great no other issues have been found. I have also done 4 cycles of Clomid and trigger with TI with Dr.C and then he referred me to Dr.K. My right ovary does not function DrK feels that the cyst drained mt reserve BUT my left makes up for he said :) I always have at least 2 follies and two of my cycles I had 3-4 follies and that is with 50iu of Follistim AQ. We are currently on a break so I can collect myself and decide what to do next....do another IUI or go on to IVF....my only problem is we are OOP...so that is the hold up on IVF....If you were a patient of Dr.Kaufmann and was OOP with IVF how much did it cost you? I am so sorry that this is long but I really want some advise from someone that has gone to Dr.Kaufmann's office :) I LOVE him!! He is the sweetest and kindest man!

Thanks so much!

Gin:)

Re: *newbie*Anyone use Dr.Robert Kaufmann and was successful?

• Options

Do I know you IRL?

ETA: I knew it was you! Stick out tongue

Everyone this is my coworker and good friend. Be nice!

• Options

Mustang Sal~Stick out tongue Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't use your Dr. but our IVF with ICSI was between $11 and $12K after it was all said and done.  That covered all the meds, the dr.'s fee, and the transfer/ARTS center fees. 

Good luck with your decision.  I know it's not an easy one to make!  If you have any IVF questions, feel free to page me.

• Options

I didn't use your Dr, but want to wish you best of luck with your cycle.  If I had not had insurance for our IVFs, OOP each cycle would have cost approx 10k just for the RE's fees in monitoring and doing the ER and ET without ICSI (ICSI was an additional 1k), plus the ARTS center fees were a little over 3k, the anesthesia for the ER probably around 1k and my meds each cycle were 3k. At such a high cost, if we had been OOP, we probably would have looked into the shared risk program where you pay more upfront, but if you are unsuccesful you can do FET cycles (if you have frozen embryos) or additional fresh cycles at no additional charge. 

It's such a hard decision to make and I wish you the best and hope that it brings you your baby.

• Options
    Thanks so much for the repliesSmile I was figuring in the 10 thousand range...oh well my DH said if that is what we do then we have the rest of our lives to pay it off! LOL
  • Options
    I don't know much about that dr but wanted to say good luck to you as well. the IF journey is not an easy one...if you need additional support the IF board is really great too.
  • Options

imagemrspresley:
    I don't know much about that dr but wanted to say good luck to you as well. the IF journey is not an easy one...if you need additional support the IF board is really great too.

Ditto mrspresley - I didn't use your doc but this journey is stressful and hard.  The IF board is a great source of support and someone there may have even used your doc.  Take care and (((Hugs)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!  Im not on here much, but I saw your post and wanted to say Hi and wish you the best!  I am a new patient with Dr. K and am on my 2nd cycle with him.  I wanted to say that so far we love Dr.K.  I see him at Dr. Alan Johns office, who is my original obgyn (Dr.K is there once a week), and when I go through it there, my IUI cycles are cheaper than if I went to Dr. K's physical office.  That being said, I was told that no matter seeing Dr. K at Dr. Johns office or Dr. K's, the IVF would be between 9 and 10k.  Hope that makes sense!!

feel free to email me if you want! Also, there is a fertility support group that meets once a month at HArris HEB...Im hoping to check it out next month.  I met the lady that runs it at the church we have been visiting.  fcsupport.org is her site.

butterflywings45 at hotmail dot com

Melissa

• Options

Thank you so much for the info I really needed to read some of the testimonials. Very informative and helpful...and made me feel like that I am not the only one with all those thoughts running through my mind!! LOL

Ginger

• Options

I was a patient of Dr. K for 3 1/2 yrs. Loved him!!! I was successful 3 times, my first 2 ending in m/c, but am now 18 wks along with the third. I started with Dr. K at the age of 35 and am now 38yrs. old. We had a lap/hyst., found a couple of problems and fixed them, got a bfp the cycle it was ok'd to try, ended in m/c. Tried 3 rounds of clomid, the last with iui. Then moved on to a combo of clomid/injec. with iui. This is where we had most of our success. First round had quite a few follies and got a bfp, ended in m/c. Did a couple of cycles in early 2009 and our last was in late 2009, had alot of follies again and I'm 18 wks along now. We did have a consult concerning IVF prior to this cycle, we would have been oop too. Here's what my paperwork says

Total without ICSI $7400

Total with ICSI $8675 (up to 10 eggs)

Anesthesia $475 prepaid or $925 if not

And then there are a few what if fees and of course your meds (estimate $3000 to $6000)

Now a FET cycle was going to be around $1975 plus the meds.

We had decided that we were not going to do IVF. I have an older child and we just couldn't afford it.

I did love Dr.K and most of his staff, but since moving to the new office he has some new front office personel, mainly one that I just didn't like and she is the one to deal with the finances.

I do wish you luck and if you have other questions or concerns just ask, be happy to help if I can.

• Options

I just recently went thru an IVF cycle and actually had my beta done today. I am seeing Dr. Goldstein at Presbyterian of Dallas. I don't know if Dr. Kaufman has the same program as Dr.Goldstein, but I love Dr. Goldstein and have heard that his fees are a little lower than the other doctors. We also paid OOP for our IVF, but I knew that if I did not get pregnant, that my next cycle would be free. Or rather, I would not have to pay Dr. Goldstein's professional fees which is really amazing.

Good luck to you

• Options

Hello,

I am currently on day 8 of stims of my first IVF cycle with Dr. Kaufmann! I am hoping for first time success.

His and his wife are really understanding about the process as they have done it two times themselves! His facilities are state of the art and it's a very warm environment! I'll KUP on my progress!

• Options

Good luck to you. I heard Dr. Kaufman is very nice. I am seeing Dr. Goldstein and have done an IUI cycle which did not work. I am getting ready to start an IVF cycle with him and getting very excited.

Where did you get your meds from?  We are dealing with that right now and trying to figure out the best place to get them.

Good luck to you

• Options

Did you have any luck conceiving with Dr. Kaufmann?

I am looking for an RE in the Fort Worth area.  Could you tell me about your experience with him

Thx,

Elisabeth 

• Options

catlovers7~ I LOVE Dr.K and will go back when we have the money.....I am OOP so we have to pay for everything......we done IVF with him in June and it was not successful so we are having to take a break until we can get the money to do it again....we may do a couple of injects/IUI again since we did get PG doing that they just ended in m/c. Good luck and let me know how it turns out for you!

Ginger Smile

• Options
    He's great!  I'm 7 weeks pregnant after my 1st IVF cycle.
  • Options
    Great to hear.  Anything else you would like to share about your experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"