Oregon Babies
Options

our first child

I am starting to think more and more every day about having kids. At first I hated kids but after seeing my youth pastors kids I realized its how you raise them. I am getting married in 2013. I also have seizures so I'm unsure about having a child myself. I've somewhat re thought it though but still not 100%. It wuld require me changing meds so I dont die or the the kid doesnt end up very mentally retarded. These are the only meds that ever worked 4 me. So I started considering adoption and surrogents. What do you guys think? After having a biological kid I will more than likely adopt. Thanks for input!

Re: our first child

• Options

#1 Duh. Kids are always products of their parents. This is not a news flash.

#2 You are getting married in 3 years? Why the long engagement?

#3 You still do not seem that stoked on having children.

#4 Surrogates is the correct  spelling not SURROGENTS

#5 Please for the love of all that is holy... do not use "text speak" in posts. Is it so hard to type out "for"?

That is all.

• Options

I had a whitty response typed up in my head.  But I'm having a hard time picking my chin up off of the floor to properly compose it.

um yah.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well... make sure you aren't making a selfish choice. I have a sister in law with epilepsy who made the choice to have 2 children. She can't take care of herself, or be left alone. She can't get around because she can't get a driver's license due to the siezures (I know, she could ride the bus...but don't get me started). Her kids (now 11 and 7) have grown up being her keeper, and will likely always be responsible for her care. She had a head injury (result from a fall during a siezure) that her older son still blames himself for (because he wasn't there to prevent her from falling (as if an 8 year old could have)). They removed her frontal lobe. She's not a nice person now. Those kids lost their mother. Those kids are SUFFERING! There is so much to this story...but it's not worth sharing.

Just think about it. Be realistic. Can you provide children with a good home? Can you provide them with a healthy upbringing? Can you take care of them? Can you provide for them? Do you have the capacity to love them? If you can, then go forth and procreate. But if you have always hated kids and your main concern is that your kid is "retarded" then maybe you should forget it.

• Options

1)all the young kids i was raised around where big brats so i thought for a while all kids are that way.

2) I was waiting until him and I were done with school and had jobs and a stable place to live. We are no longer together due to personal reasons.

3)I do want kids even more now than I ever have before. I was scared before due to seizures

4)sorry that I'm not good at spelling but you dont have to be rude about it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"