Oregon Babies
Options

Health Care Providers in Eugene Oregon?

Hi Everyone - I am pregnant with my first child and we are moving back to Eugene this weekend. I am really interested in having my baby at the new birthing center by Riverbend hospital - but I am wondering if anyone else on here is planning on doing so, or has already?

If I have my baby there, and work with a midwife, does that mean that they wont do ultrasounds?

If anyone has any recommendations of midwives, or even OB's in the Eugene area, I would love to hear them. :)

Re: Health Care Providers in Eugene Oregon?

• Options

I moved to Eugene at the start of my pregnancy and was recommended the midwifery clinic you're talking about. I have really enjoyed everything about that clinic and have seen my best friend go through her labor there and am confident I will have the birth I want with them as well.

I was under the impression when I started there that I would only have one ultrasound. I have had four ultrasounds, two to just have a quick check and make sure that everything was fine, one for my 20 week standard and then one at 33 weeks to check her growth because they were concerned. I have been so happy with how flexible and easy going they are, it has helped me remain relaxed through my pregnancy. Being that this is my first time I also really appreciated the birthing class they offered and free breastfeeding class. They have a 24/7 on call lactation consultant and an amazing (95% success rate if I remember correctly) success rate for breastfeeding.

Call the clinic and see when their orientations are, they will give you a tour of the clinic and answer any of your questions. I can't complain about a single thing, this is a great clinic and I am so happy that I chose to go with them and not an OB.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"