Missouri Babies
Options

Daycare in Lee's Summit

Hey!  Everyone has been fussing at me that I need to start looking at daycares and I don't even know where to start.  We live just east of LS and will drive through everyday on my way to work, so I suppose that's where we would like to be. 

Does anyone have a daycare they love?  One they hate?  Thanks for the help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare in Lee's Summit

• Options

We love our Kindercare; DS is almost 2 and has been there since 3 mos. It's in northern Lee's Summit, off 470 at the Woods Chapel exit. All of DS's teachers have been great and the director & administrative staff know all of the kids.

We have also heard good things about the Anderson Lane Kindercare (off the Lakewood exit; the building is newer than the one DS attends and tuition was more expensive when we priced it 2 yrs ago) and We Care at the Woods Chapel United Methodist Church. There is also a La Petite in southern LS off of 150 Hwy that I remember being pretty nice and clean, but it was too far for us. You can also check the Family Conservancy's child care search and list of questions to ask.

I found it helpful to ask about staff turnover and continuing education (the better centers offered it in-house, some of the sketchier places left it up to the teachers/aides to find their own or didn't really seem concerned about it) and pay close attention to the space (Is it big enough for # kids? Is there safe space for the babies to have floor play time w/appropriate toys?), cleanliness, and familiarity the person who's taking you on the tour has with the staff & kids.

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We use Child Prodigy South. DD is still in the infant room but I can't say enough good things about the teachers there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would stay clear of Le Petite and Kidding Around.

Another upcoming infant option is Lakewood Montessori. They recently bought a new building and is expanding so they will now have infant and toddler care. Their current location begins at age 2, but they are now going to have two seperate infant rooms (6 weeks - 6 months and 7mo - 12 months). I don't have personal experience with this school, but I know several familys that love it and I hear they have a great staff.

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I know a couple of people that take their children to the daycare at John Knox Village.  No-- they don't actually hang out with the old people!  :)  They always have awesome stuff to say about it.

• Options

I have not had any experience with Child's Prodigy, but my friend took her two year old there. She received no record of what he did each day, as he used to with La Petite. Then when she showed up one day, they had them eating sugar coated donuts for breakfast. She ended up switching back to La Petite.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"