School-Aged Children
Options

The books are shipping

Thanks to those of you that suggested the Am Girl "The Care and Keeping of You". I ordered that, as well as the one about "Feelings" and "Friends". Amazon just sent me an email that they are on their way. I can't wait to see what my daughter makes of all of it.
Newlyweds since 2007

Re: The books are shipping

• Options

Hi Nancy! 

Glad you decided to get them!  We received ours last week and so far I've only given her the "Care and Keeping of You".  She hasn't seemed too terrible interested in it yet, but she does sit down to read for 20 minutes every night and one night she chose that book and wanted to read it to me, usually she reads to herself.  So she obviously wants me involved, which I thought was sweet. 

She's a little embarrased by it too.  We had some people coming over last week and she made sure the book was put away where they couldn't see it! 

I think they look great and certainly wasn't offended by the "graphic photos".  I haven't honestly looked through all of them yet, only this one and I think it will be a great reference for her for years to come!  I'm anxious to hear what you think and how your daughter reacts!

Good luck

• Options
    I wasn't able to offer you any suggestions but I hope that the books help her out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DZ - that's too cute that she hid her special book

I'm not sure which book to give her first, since she has nothing American Girl. She doesn't need the Care and Keeping of You... nothing happening toward puberty for her. She has friends who are progressing, so I've told her about boobies, BO and periods. I'm not sure what she'll think of a book about it.

I asked H what he thought. He thought she'd be overwhelmed (maybe b/c he was) and said we should give her the book about feelings first.

I'm so funny... since she still believes in Santa and the tooth fairy... I could have the American Girl fairy bring them.

Newlyweds since 2007
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"