Oregon Babies
Options

33 days until first birthday?!?!

Holy sh*t. Where did the last year go???

We're doing a cowboy theme! So excited to have all our family in town even is it means a VERY full house for a couple days while they stay with us. Glad we bought a big ol house!

That is all... just had to share!

What did you do (or are planning) for your LO's first birthday?

Re: 33 days until first birthday?!?!

• Options

well...it's already passed by (6 months ago!). LO was born on the 4th of July which is very exciting but a catch 22. He will always have fireworks and a party on his birthday, nor will he ever have to work! On the other hand, it might be difficult to get others to forego their 4th plans to celebrate with him.

For his first we just got him a cake and joined the regularly scheduled family event with gifts commingles in. It was great. 

Maybe we'll try something bigger for year 2.

Having kids truly makes you understand all those times people told you it would fly by. 

• Options
    We're having a very small get together with the 2 friends we have here and their kids.. Probably do a princess theme.  With Morgan being born the day before Valentines Day, I'm trying really hard to not incorporate the 2 days, so that she doesn't grow to resent Valentines Day :D 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejoleine:
    We're having a very small get together with the 2 friends we have here and their kids.. Probably do a princess theme.  With Morgan being born the day before Valentines Day, I'm trying really hard to not incorporate the 2 days, so that she doesn't grow to resent Valentines Day :D 

I hear ya... when his due date was on Valentines Day I was really torn as to whether that would be cute or not. He decided to cook extra long so it didn't matter anyway! Wish we could be at your party! There is still a pic of Morgan up at the daycare, I saw it yesterday. Made me smile.

• Options
    imagepdxjenn:

I hear ya... when his due date was on Valentines Day I was really torn as to whether that would be cute or not. He decided to cook extra long so it didn't matter anyway! Wish we could be at your party! There is still a pic of Morgan up at the daycare, I saw it yesterday. Made me smile.

Awwwww.. kind of sad they haven't taken it down, but cute too :D  I wish you could be at our party too :D  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are having a party at our house. We live in a townhouse so we decided to make it an open house so people can just stop by as they want to. We can't cram too many people in at one time. Just the standard snacks and cake. I also hired our wedding photographer to photograph some of the party. I have seen her post other  1st bdays on her blog and love it, so we went for it too. Her birthday is Feb 16th, so we'll be in Hawaii on her actual bday. We'll be there celebrating my grandma's ("grandma great", to her) 80th birthday the day before.
  • Options

I cannot even get my head around it, 1! It's a big deal! One of the best things for a First Birthday I have seen was a clothes line with pictures of the baby growing up pinned with wooden decorated pins...very cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"