Orange County Babies

Need a new Hoag affiliate OB ... any suggestions?

Hi Mommas,

The OBGYN I had when I delivered my son recently closed his practice & recommended that his patients transfer to a specific doctor.  Not knowing any better, I went ahead & started seeing the suggested doctor.  I've had nothing but awful experiences with him & I want to change doctors ASAP.  

I loved my initial doctor because he always took time for questions & had a great office staff.  Everyone was personable & didn't treat you like a number.  I'm pregnant with my 2nd child & looking for a similar experience with a new doctor.  

I've gotten recommendations for the following doctors:
- Dr. Ann Kent
- Dr. Jonathan Wheeler
- Dr. Lisa Karamardian

If you have any feedback on these doctors - good or bad - please let me know.
Thanks!!

Re: Need a new Hoag affiliate OB ... any suggestions?

• My best friend has had 3 beautiful boys delivered by Dr.Karamardian and likes her very much!

I go to Dr. Amy VanBlaricom and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her!!

Good Luck!

• There are 2 posts below listing NB Doctors. All are Hoag affiliated.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's my practice :) Dr. Kent delivered my daughter (Dr. Jody Lai is my OB, but she wasn't on call when I went into labor). Dr. Kent was great for the little time I saw her and she stitched me up perfectly. Dr. Karamardian saw me the next morning and seemed very nice. She was professional and adequately checked my stitches for me. I highly recommend their practice. Their front office staff has always been nice and answers any questions I have. Oh, I just discovered this board by the way. Hello :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go do Dr. Wheelers and see another OB there Dr. Howe!

Dr Wheeler seems great though! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes. I LOVE Dr. Gigi Kroll. She partners w Amy Van Blaricom. newportcenterwomenshealth.com Here's what I have heard about those 3 docs:

Kent: Good doc. Nothing specific

Wheeler: Delivered many of the babies we know. He works A LOT so you have a good chance he'll deliver your baby personally but he did miss a major major birth defect in one of my BFF's LOs' that should have been seen many times and also failed to diagnose her HELLP until she almost had renal failure so...

Karamardian: Used to work with Kroll in their old practice. She's a very no-nonsense doctor, not really a "coddler" per se. One of my friends sees her and loves her. But my friend is an very no-nonsense attorney herself and always went in very prepared to her appointments. She was very happy with the two deliveries Karamardian did for her. Very high standard of care but if you want someone more warm and fuzzy she may not be for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had Dr. Wheeler - he didn't deliver my baby and I had an emergency C-section.  I won't be going back to his practice. 
  • I had Dr. Wheeler - I won't be going back to his practice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"