Austin Babies
Options

FFF Confessions...

I bored and sleepy and need some fun.

GO!

Dear Bump: You suck.

Re: FFF Confessions...

• Options

I realllly don't want to get into the habit of sleeping with DD just because I am fearful of never getting her out of our bed.  I slept with my parents til I was 5.

BUT, lately, if she gets up way early (last night was 3 am, night before was 5) I take her into the guest bedroom and nurse her while laying down.  And then I fall asleep.  And I love it. 

• Options
    The more my ILs push and push music on us (are you playing her music? are you playing her the guitar? does she love to play the guitar? when are you starting music lessons with her? what's her favorite type of music? music is the only good thing humanity has to offer!), the more I want to push it away, just to spite them. I say, "I don't know about music lessons, but we're starting her in soccer when she turns three." And I know music is a GREAT thing for kids. And I know she'll be in some kind of music something, and I know she'll love it, and I know I'll hate the smug effing looks on their faces when I tell them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I sooooo want to turn the hose on the neighbors' stupid eff'ing yappy dog, especially when they let it out to bark it's stupid eff'ing head off before 7 a.m., which never fails to wake Joseph.  And I love dogs.

Maybe I should turn the hose on the stupid eff'ing neighbors instead... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFeistyFille:

I sooooo want to turn the hose on the neighbors' stupid eff'ing yappy dog, especially when they let it out to bark it's stupid eff'ing head off before 7 a.m., which never fails to wake Joseph.  And I love dogs.

Maybe I should turn the hose on the stupid eff'ing neighbors instead... 

Oh, me too (only our neighbors have 4 flipping yappy dogs.  hate.)

• Options

-I can't handle blogs with text on a black background.  They give me a headache.

-I'm slightly irritated that the kids appear to be acting like perfect angels today.  I'm in bed with the flu (nasty) and DH was awesome and stayed home to take care of the kids.  While I do appreciate the help, I hate that they're acting SO good, because it makes me think he either a) thinks I exaggerate how tough it is to be a sahm sometimes or b) he'll think he's just a better parent than I am.  I kind of hope they wake up from naps in a-hole moods this afternoon.  Bwahaha.  That's not nice, I know.  I'm just cranky and sick. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageMrsRosie:
    I'm driving up to Dallas to see my sister for the night who is in town for a trade show.  I'm excited to see her, but that excitement pales in comparison to how excited I am for DH to get a taste of what it's like to not get a break from the time he gets home from work to the time he gets A to bed. Can't.wait.

Yes

I need to do this to my dh sometime!!  Have fun in Dallas!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

this if FF, right?

umm...well...BF and I aren't preventing anymore. I had been having the gut feeling lately that I just felt everything was right and I was ok if it happened..but hadn't brought it up just because...well...just because I guess. I didn't want him to run scared (not that he would). He brought it up last month. Just taking it day by day really. I know this is out of order according to some's standards but I feel like I did things in order the first time around and I'm ok with whatever happens- I'm happy and that says alot for me. The only part that truly scares me is money and I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never have enough money or never justify it being the right time.

***grinning ear to ear***

• Options
    imagekerij1028:

this if FF, right?

umm...well...BF and I aren't preventing anymore. I had been having the gut feeling lately that I just felt everything was right and I was ok if it happened..but hadn't brought it up just because...well...just because I guess. I didn't want him to run scared (not that he would). He brought it up last month. Just taking it day by day really. I know this is out of order according to some's standards but I feel like I did things in order the first time around and I'm ok with whatever happens- I'm happy and that says alot for me. The only part that truly scares me is money and I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never have enough money or never justify it being the right time.

Yes

Who needs order?  I did everything out of order and I'm happy :)  I had a baby, graduated college, moved out of my parents house, got married, had another baby and then we finally bought a house. 

• Options
    imagekerij1028:

this if FF, right?

squeeeeeeeee!! so exciting!!

• Options
    imageali-1411:

Who needs order?  I did everything out of order and I'm happy :)  I had a baby, graduated college, moved out of my parents house, got married, had another baby and then we finally bought a house. 

I guess that is just my way of preparing for whatever reaction I get if it does happen. I'm from a small town where everybody knows everybody and judgement is readily handed out.

I'm secretly stoked though! :)

• Options
    I swear my belly has exploded in the past two weeks.  I noticed last week it was getting difficult to bend down and put socks on.  Embarrassed  and I know it's only going to get worse...much, MUCH, worse...
  • Options
    imagekerij1028:
    imageali-1411:

I guess that is just my way of preparing for whatever reaction I get if it does happen. I'm from a small town where everybody knows everybody and judgement is readily handed out.

I'm secretly stoked though! :)

Oh I know, a lot of people gasp and clutch pears when you do something out of order.  You should have seen how our families reacted when I got pregnant with Layna because we didn't have a house.  Ridiculous. 

You'll get a ton of people who'll talk and assume it was an accident.  Who cares, though right?  Be happy.

• Options
    A large part of me really wants to tell everyone at work to eff off today, then go home and sleep for a week.  Sleep and hit things.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options

imageAustinBride06:
    A large part of me really wants to tell everyone at work to eff off today, then go home and sleep for a week.  Sleep and hit things.

I'm sorry...you've been on my mind this week. I don't know a thing about you really except your screen name and your posts stick out because the Haiti thing on your siggy...hang in there girl! If it does help- tell 'em all to eff off...I mean, whatever makes you feel better should be done! ;)

• Options

imageAustinBride06:

I am right there with you. If I could pull a "eff you I quit" scene like Jennifer Aniston did in Office Space without totally compomising my families financial position, I would do it in a heart beat.

• Options

imageAustinBride06:

do it.  if anyone deserves this, it's you.  {{hugs}}

• Options

imagemlf625:

While I do appreciate the help, I hate that they're acting SO good, because it makes me think he either a) thinks I exaggerate how tough it is to be a sahm sometimes or b) he'll think he's just a better parent than I am.  I kind of hope they wake up from naps in a-hole moods this afternoon.  Bwahaha.  That's not nice, I know.  I'm just cranky and sick. 

This.  DD was SCREAMING all afternoon yesterday and I was secretly super excited when she smiled at DH when he walked in the door and then SCREAMED when he picked her up.  She needs to burst his eardrums every once in a while, I say.

I got peed on twice on Wednesday.  TWICE.  I hate Rocky Mountain dipes - they are coming out of the CD rotation.  Anyway, DD didn't have any clean pjs, so I put her in pjs that were in the "to be washed" pile because they only had a tiny amount of spit-up on the shoulder but were otherwise clean.  Embarrassed

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagethethomps:
    so I put her in pjs that were in the "to be washed" pile because they only had a tiny amount of spit-up on the shoulder but were otherwise clean.  Embarrassed

lol...I wore shirts that fit this description to work all the time in those days. Totally acceptable. 

• Options

I'm tired of my nips being a place to hang out all day. I love that Molly is such a nursing genius, but really? I might actually like to use the bathroom or read a book or *gasp* sleep for more than 45 minutes.

I know breast is best (blah, blah, blah), but I'm freaking tired, yo! I so wish medical science could come up with a way to get men to effectively lactate. 

• Options
    MIL watches DS while DH and I work.  She called me on Wednesday because SHE diagnosed DS with croup.  She's been to the doctor's one too many times, has watched too many tv shows of medical crap and thinks that because of this, she can diagnose stuff.  So when she said that he's your kid but I think it would be a good idea to take him to the doctor I just blew her off.  Plus at the time of her phone call the only thing he had was some congestion.  Fast forward to a few hours later and I'm home with DS he had that distinct cough.  Fudge.  Not because he was sick but because I had to admit the crazy old bat was right.  Grrrrr...And on a similar note, she drives me so crazy that even though she watches him for free, I'm still tempted to put him in daycare just so I don't have to listen to her drone on and on about DS.  I love hearing about DS but when she starts saying, "this is what I do." Then it starts to drive me crazy because she does not seem to understand that what works for her doesn't necessarily work for me.  He has his own little routine for each of us.   
  • Options

imageAustinBride06:

what do you mean just today? what if you "accidentally" destroy some things at work, give them the finger and go take a nap? :-P you've been through a lot these days.

• Options
    imageFeistyFille:

Me too, only its plural dogs that seem to bark all the time, so very loudly. Plus, I'm not so sure I like dogs any more after they've woken my sleeping baby many times and stress me out worrying they're going to wake him countless others. The cruel irony is that his nursery is decorated in puppy theme, and he has a lot of stuffed dogs. 

What are the dogs doing outside in the cold anyway?? I wish people would let them back inside after they did their business and frolicked around a little.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am so hungry ALL.THE.TIME.  My appetite is insatiable and I'm so over it.  My pants are starting to get tight and I don't know if it's baby or the amount of food I stuff in my face each day. 

Alright, that was more like a whine than a confession.  I ate almost an entire order of pad Thai for lunch today.  I know I will be hungry again in an hour or so.  Crying

• Options
    imagemichelleaxo:

imageAustinBride06:

I am right there with you. If I could pull a "eff you I quit" scene like Jennifer Aniston did in Office Space without totally compomising my families financial position, I would do it in a heart beat.

wurd.  except i did have to take today off.  my body just shut down.

ETA: OH NO!! AustinBride!! I am so sorry!!  (That's what I get for reading my posts from top down!)  (((Big hugs)))

• Options
    imageMrsAJL:

I'm tired of my nips being a place to hang out all day. I love that Molly is such a nursing genius, but really? I might actually like to use the bathroom or read a book or *gasp* sleep for more than 45 minutes.

I know breast is best (blah, blah, blah), but I'm freaking tired, yo! I so wish medical science could come up with a way to get men to effectively lactate. 

If you aren't totally opposed to the bottle, I'd pump and let DH take a feeding.  I did that after some kind ladies on this board advised me to and it saved my life.  And DH's penis, which I'd been scheming to cut off. 

• Options
    imagekerij1028:

this if FF, right?

Woo hoo! That's awesome. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Since DH has been at home this past week, I've been pretending to sleep in just so he can care for DD :)  It's been fun watching him run after her, get food thrown at him, and having to clean poopy diapers :)  I figure after a few weeks of that, he'll want to hurry up and find a job so he won't have to do "my job" ;)
  • Options

It's that time of the month, and I've been blowing my diet for days now. I blame hormones.

I bribed Meredith with Chik-fil-a to get her to behave in a giant antique store today. It was only somewhat successful. PSA: don't take children under age, say, 15 into an antique store unless you can contain them in a stroller.

I am the Queen of Half Done Projects. I have two bedrooms half-primed right now. We still haven't finished remodeling the kids' bathroom. There is a room in our house that is part office, part playroom, and one giant mess. We could accomplish so much more in terms of home renovation if Mike were home more often and if we had family in town who could take the kids for the weekend. Do you have any idea how hard it is to paint a furnished room when you have a 4 year old and a 14 month old under foot???

• Options
    imagekerij1028:

this if FF, right?

So exciting!! 

Today was a $hitty day for too many reasons to list.  All I want to do is have a glass (bottle?) of wine and relax.  Instead, I'll be cleaning the house for company who is coming for the weekend.  I'm sure it'll be fun, blah, blah, blah.  They're nice but they're DH's friends and I don't feel like entertaining.  

Also, of course the ONE weekend DH has off per month is this one.  What happens today?  AF arrives.  Super Angry

I'm gonna go try to take a nap before he gets home. 

• Options
    imageL*L*CG:
    imageMrsAJL:

If you aren't totally opposed to the bottle, I'd pump and let DH take a feeding.  I did that after some kind ladies on this board advised me to and it saved my life.  And DH's penis, which I'd been scheming to cut off. 

Not opposed at all!  Good idea.

• Options
    I really don't want to wait until the summer to start trying...I have baby fever now.
  • Options
    I just ordered a pizza to the hotel room so they'd bring me a diet pepsi. the hotel only has coke... anyone want to come over and have some pizza with me?
  • Options
    imageMrsAJL:
    imageL*L*CG:
    imageMrsAJL:

Not opposed at all!  Good idea.

Do it! My DH would (and still does) takes the late night shift. It allowed me to get a few hours of good honest sleep. In the early days it was so important to get at least a few hours of decent sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"