July 2011 Moms

When will Baby "hear" your voice in pregnancy?

Does anyone know the answer to this? I though I remembered reading last time that at 16wks baby can now hear the mom's voice... but when I looked on babycenter, it didn't say anything in its 16wk thing. I swear I read this somewhere before...

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When will Baby "hear" your voice in pregnancy?

• Without actually pulling out my pregnancy book, I think it's actually closer to 20-24 weeks.
  • I think I remember reading something yesterday that said the baby can't "hear" until week 22 or 24...can't remember exactly which.  I tried looking for you but I can't find the article. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If you go to the weekly development on this site they say it's the 16th week.
  • I also thought it was 16w; however, I can't find anywhere claiming that for some reason. I think I read that the ear bones form this week.

Hopefully someone will know for sure!

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok, went and got my book. According to the Pregnancy Bible, it's 20 weeks.
  • I've read on 2 different pregnancy related things that the ear bones were forming between 15-17 weeks and that baby can start hearing our voice.  I also thought it was much later, but was excited to see this from two sources.

I've been talking to him/her a lot this week and thinking more about my tone of voice ;) 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This was sent by The Bump for my 16 weeks today:

Baby's now the size of an avocado!

Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean she can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

The other place I read was my WTEWYE phone app. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got an email this week saying bones in babys ears were forming so after this week they can hear you better and better! I swear it was the bump email =) or baby centre i only get the two =)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetmacneil84:
    If you go to the weekly development on this site they say it's the 16th week.

I knew it was somewhere between babycenter, WTEWYE, and The Bump; I just didn't realize that I actually read the stuff the bump wrote.

BabyFruit Ticker

• "Your Pregnancy Week to Week" said 15 weeks (muffled sounds, but sounds) and "In the Womb" said around the same, I think (or maybe gave a range of 15-17 weeks).  I feel awkward talking to the babies, but I LOVE playing music for them.  I think it's so neat that they can hear sounds.
  • Really Do kids ever really listen???? LOL!!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I got an email from the bump this week saying babys ear bones were forming and can now hear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also read somewhere that it was 16 weeks when the bones in the ears start to form and the baby can start to pick up on voices. I'm not sure how accurate that is or how much of a reaction the baby might have to voices or sounds but you're not crazy, I read it somewhere too! Maybe in the weekly bump emails?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ethan Christopher 7/7/11 www.noreenturner.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"