Birth Stories

Very positive planned C-Section

Hello,

I have never really posted but I thought I would share my story to help anyone that may be nervous about an upcoming c-section. I had a planned c-section on Monday 1/10- I was 40 weeks along. I actually started contracting pretty strong at about 3am the morning of the surgery, so I guess that was going to be her birthday no matter what ! The only unpleasant part for me was having the catheter inserted while having pretty strong contractions. Anyway... they brought me into the OR at around 12:45 PM, I had the spinal administered (wow that worked quickly!!). They swung my legs up on to the table and within seconds I felt a warm sensation over my legs that slowly came up my abdomen. The put the curtain up and started testing me for sensitivity. Shortly after that knew I was ready and they brought my husband in. He stayed right next to me (held my hand, which was not tied down). And within minutes Sophia was born- beautiful, healthy a big at 8 lbs 10oz ! She was born at 1:04 PM .The whole process was very peaceful. I was very calm and liked knowing that everything being done was so in control and methodical.

My husband and I got to bond with the baby for a few minutes after her birth and then he went with her to our recovery room. The closure took 25 minutes.

Here is the reason I thought I should share my story -- my recovery has been fantastic. I was very worried about getting up after the surgery and being able to take care of the baby. It was not a big deal for me. The first 5 steps out of the bed were very short but not super painful. By the time I had made it to the bathroom I felt relatively normal. We stayed in the hospital for 2 days, both of which I was up and walking normally and able to take care of the baby without issue. 

Since leaving the hospital, I took 1 or 1 and a 1/2 percocet per day for the first day or two and am now off of them totally. Just taking 800mg of Motrin once or twice a day depending on how active I am.

Baby Sophia has been breastfeeding like a champ and was 8lbs 6oz today at her first check up.

Please feel free to send me a message if you have any more questions. I can not stress enough what a wonderful experience it was for me. I know that it is not always that way, but there is no need to be as terrified as we all are going in to it. 

I hope this helps relieve some 3rd trimester jitters for c-section mamas

Re: Very positive planned C-Section

• My second c-section was planned, and was very similar experience. The only difference really was that I was ridiculously itchy from the morphine they gave me during surgery. I was itchy all over for about 2 days! I also got sick about an hour after my surgery too. I got sick with my first baby too. I'm just sensitive to meds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great story!  With the spinal were you numb from the chest down?  Did you feel like you could or could not breathe?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was numb from the chest down, I just kept reminding myself to breathe to stay calm but I never felt that I couldn't breathe. I was very comfortable. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"