LGBT Parenting

XP: Dropping a feeding?

The last few weeks JB has lacked an interest in her 11:15am nursing session.  Please tell me what you think

JB usually STTN w/o getting up to nurse.  More often than not I wake her at 7:45a so we can leave the house by 8a.  This means she doesn't nurse in the am.  Instead I pump and that becomes her first bottle at daycare.  So:

7:45am -wake up

8:30am - 8+oz breastmilk bottle at daycare

11:15-11:30am - nurse (I would do this later, but they feed the kids lunch at 11:30 so it's not really a choice I have)

11:30am - lunch, usually yogurt, veggies and fruit

2pm - nurse then a snack of puffs or crackers

5pm - nurse

5:30-6pm - dinner, usually whatever I'm having plus some fruit 

7:30pm - nurse before bed, but not to sleep.

Since I think she is dropping the 11:15 nursing session, today I asked daycare to give her the bottle and then a banana.  I don't know....I'm trying to figure it out as I go but any advice you can give me will be much appreciated.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Dropping a feeding?

• imagectbride08:
    no harm in trying!

No harm in giving in the banana or no harm in still trying to get her to nurse?

She has her 9 month appt next week so I'll talk to the doctor.  Although as much as I like the doctor and he has been supportive of BFing he does seem to be into her getting solids.  So I have a feeling he'll say drop the session and add a solid breakfast with her first bottle. Gah!

Maybe I'll try nursing her after lunch, just before nap time.

• Loading the player...
  • It might just be a temporary thing, or it might be that she's ready to drop that session. You can definitely see if she wants to nurse after lunch instead of before, but I would keep offering around that same time for a little bit to see if she wants it again.

I think you just have to follow her lead. 8 oz is a lot, so maybe she's just getting all she needs from that morning bottle, and can go longer now that she's getting bigger. Maybe she just doesn't want to stop playing to eat! Its hard to tell, but I think JB will lead you in the right direction. 

Don't stress Mama, she's not going to starve herself, and you are doing a great job. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageTwo*True:

imagectbride08:
    no harm in trying!

No harm in giving in the banana or no harm in still trying to get her to nurse?

She has her 9 month appt next week so I'll talk to the doctor.  Although as much as I like the doctor and he has been supportive of BFing he does seem to be into her getting solids.  So I have a feeling he'll say drop the session and add a solid breakfast with her first bottle. Gah!

Maybe I'll try nursing her after lunch, just before nap time.

no harm in skipping the feed and seeing how she reacts - sorry i wasnt clear!

I agree that 8oz is a lot (i dont think RB ever took an 8oz bottle, but i know BM and formula are different) and is probably holding her over.  I think nursing before nap might be a good idea.

there's really no right or wrong answer here, its just figuring out what works best for JB. And if the banana/skipping feeding doesnt work one day, you can switch it again the next!

• sigh... I can't wait to have these problems :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:
    sigh... I can't wait to have these problems :)

lol - yeah, it is a nice problem to have :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"